Writing a book on Female-Fronted Metal & Females in Metal

usaprogmusic

ProgPowerGRRL
I am going to be writing a book that delves into the experiences of women in metal, and the history of female-fronted metal. I will be interviewing numerous influential women in the genre, as well as those who are just getting their feet wet (i interviewed many of the female singers at the Flight of the Valkyries East festival this year). This is not just about the singers, but it's about any involvement women have in metal music (instrumentalist, manager, PR agent, booking agent, fan, etc.). It will also have some of my own anecdotes from my experiences as a woman in the genre working behind the scenes as a band manager, tour production assistant, PR manager, journalist, etc.

The reason why I am posting this here, is I'd like to hear from the "fans" what would you like to read about in a book on this topic? Who would you like to see featured? Do any females here want to be interviewed for the book about your own experiences (if you have a good story to tell)?

Thank you for your input!

I think the ideas you have for this book are great! As far as specific women from the metal genre I'd love to see interviews with or viewpoints from within this book (some probably easier to come by than others):

Doro Pesch (Doro, Warlock) ;)
Sabina Classen (Holy Moses)
Enid Williams, Jackie Chambers, Denise Dufort (all original members) and Kim McAuliffe (Girlschool)
Leather Leone (Chastain)
The Great Kat
Lita Ford (Lita Ford, The Runaways)
Floor Jansen (ReVamp, After Forever)
Marta Gabriel (Crystal Viper)
Tarja Turunen (Tarja, Nightwish)
Sabine Edelsbacher (Edenbridge)
Lana Lane (Lana Lane)
Simone Simons (Epica)
Marcela Bovio (Stream of Passion)
Lori Linstruth (Stream of Passion, Guilt Machine, Ayreon)
Meri Tadic and Anna Murphy (Eluveitie)
Nina C. Alice (Skew Siskin)
Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)
Debbie Gunn (Sentinel Beast)
Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

And that's just off the top of my head, in no particular order ... :)

I think it goes without saying that I would be thrilled to contribute to this book (we've already talked a little about that in person). Just let me know what you need from me and when!

Good luck with the project! Can't wait to see the end result! \m/