WTF are you listening to?

WhiteGoddessCover.jpg

I felt like ruining the formatting of this page with an unnecessarily large pic.

WhiteGoddessCover.jpg

I felt like ruining the formatting of this page with an unnecessarily large pic.

ruining more tables by saying that hell yes this shit rules

been listening to it, too, the past week or so

SOOOOL SOOOOL INVICTUS
SHINING GUARDIAN OF THE WEEEEEE-EEEEST

hahahah I just sang that outloud as I read your post.

It's such a fantastic album. I wasn't too fond of The Golden Bough due to its striking riff similarities to The Pnakotic Demos, but GOD DAMN IS THIS ALBUM PURE BLISS.

Indeed it is.

This is my first listen, second song in, and I have to admit, I don't like what I am hearing thus far. The album art struck me as a pretty crappy as well, and when I read a random comment somewhere about it perfectly suiting the music.. I should have been wary. Need to get through this shit before saying anything else really. Too early.

Point of reference - I really enjoyed the first album and it grew on me with each subsequent listen.

I love this album. It is the opposite of what is bad. I can't pick my #1 Swans album really, but I think they peaked artistically right here.

I'm revisiting RIITIIR by Enslaved a lot the last few days. Probably their best since Isa, which means I have a hideous man-erection for it.

Indeed it is.

This is my first listen, second song in, and I have to admit, I don't like what I am hearing thus far. The album art struck me as a pretty crappy as well, and when I read a random comment somewhere about it perfectly suiting the music.. I should have been wary. Need to get through this shit before saying anything else really. Too early.

Point of reference - I really enjoyed the first album and it grew on me with each subsequent listen.

.. I don't like this album.

well they say don't judge an album by its cover but sometimes a cover makes you want never to listen to an album at all. What the hell was he thinking?

First Man's Gin was cool enough, so maybe I'll yield but erk...