X50 v2.0

Cheers guys ! Anyone know where to get ahold of Onquel to talk about it? I got a lot of people outside the forum that would back them as well, particularly Ryan Harvey (catharsis studios/spres-high creator)

yeah the readline impulses are great. One of the best around. Definitely should be apart of X50

Cheers guys ! Anyone know where to get ahold of Onquel to talk about it? I got a lot of people outside the forum that would back them as well, particularly Ryan Harvey (catharsis studios/spres-high creator)

I haven't had the time to check out your IRs yet, but the clips in your thread sounds awesome with the old X50 so it would be a nice addition to the software if you want to see it in there :)

The next update is going to be released on friday so there's not very much time left if you want it included on this release, the doors are open either way ;)

- John

Awesome ! Yeah I figured the release was kinda soon but either way I'd be honored to be part of the project if that's ever faisable :) Been a long time user of all your great products too! I can show you more examples which use my impulses later on (various genre). I can also do some more and add the right information about each if that's necessary..

In the meantime here's a recent mix I was sent by one of the user that I thought did them justice: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6729934/cyw joel impules.mp3

Keep up the great work John! :kickass:

- Joel

I actually got to try out the impulses for the first time today loaded in the latest build.... Nice work man, they sound really good. :kickass:

~scott

Another suggestion would be to have the amp slot allow the loading of vsts, such as LePou and Ignite amps....maybe limit it to a registered set of vsts, so you can control compatibility and access...anyway, an idea for consideration perhaps?

Looking forward to the update!

Just a quick question (I think some guys asked something similar); when you load up X50, the power amp is ON. Seems to me like the impulses included also have a power amp "baked in". So in general, would it make sense to turn the power amp off as a default, except when working with, say, Ownhammer solid state IRs?

(I know, I know, if it sounds good... but hey I'm just curious and a little OCD :loco:)

Thanks!

Looking forward to the update!

Just a quick question (I think some guys asked something similar); when you load up X50, the power amp is ON. Seems to me like the impulses included also have a power amp "baked in". So in general, would it make sense to turn the power amp off as a default, except when working with, say, Ownhammer solid state IRs?

(I know, I know, if it sounds good... but hey I'm just curious and a little OCD :loco:)

Thanks!

Yeah some impulses has the power amp response "baked in" already.
but, if you want the power amp controls (LowEnd / Presence) working you need to have the power amp enabled ..
I would suggest you find IRs captured with a solid state power amp if you don't want to double the power amp coloration.. but, it all depends on the settings the IR was captured with in the first place, you could dial in a pretty flat frequency response with tube amps as well with the right settings.. there could of course be some extra bumps here and there so it won't be perfect :p

Yeah some impulses has the power amp response "baked in" already.
but, if you want the power amp controls (LowEnd / Presence) working you need to have the power amp enabled ..
I would suggest you find IRs captured with a solid state power amp if you don't want to double the power amp coloration.. but, it all depends on the settings the IR was captured with in the first place, you could dial in a pretty flat frequency response with tube amps as well with the right settings.. there could of course be some extra bumps here and there so it won't be perfect :p

Alright, thanks for your answer - makes sense!

Edit: Just a quick follow-up; so did you fine-tune X50 with these (power-amp-baked-in) impulses? I.e. if I just load it up keeping everything at default it basically should sound just like my 5150 through my mesa cab?

Thanks again man, and great work on this thing, I really think it is the best amp sim out there!

The update is released folks :)
Please login to your tseaudio.com account to get the updated version :kickass:

The demo version is available as well for people just curious to see what this is all about..