Yallah pictures from wacken!!

Morticia NL. said:
Made a new top for the festival- advertising is important!
WOA_n(4).JPG
And that was very smart to touch :) The motif in relief is really smooth :)

:D

Morticia NL. said:
I heard from a friend of mone it was excellent. He worked with the band in the festival. Still- I wasnt interested. This Wacken was about meeting friends, networking and seeing OL perform. Sometimes it's like that.
And adopting lost dudes...

Did you see Emperor at least? If you did, did they play Inno A Satana? I'm still pissed that I couldn't get tickets to see them in NYC. I even entered that Be A Roadie For Emperor contest but I didn't win.

Maybe I should have gone. Although I wouldn't have skipped on so many of the bands like most of you did. I want to see Emperor so badly. Maybe they'll tour or play some shows in the US again. I'm still pissed that Atheist, an American band, never even did anything here since they reformed. At least I might be able to see Venom on the 5th without Devildriver opening (I hate Devildriver soo much!). That does make me feel a little better.
But the pics are all great, Thanks Nathalie.

Thanks for the appreciation! I always love to share with everyone.

And I did see a part of the performance of 'the legendary' Celtic Frost, but this only lead me to conclude that legends can only stay legends if they do not hit the stage again... with the sole exception of Dead Can Dance.
I once saw Venow at the Dynamo festival and it was aweful! the only thing that saved them was the 50.000 euro fireworks.

I don't know if you were at any of King Diamond's European dates, but I was at the US shows from his past two tours, and he was unbelievable. Those were the best shows I've ever been to and I don't think anyone could ever top that. So some legends still kick ass.
I'm sure Venom and Celtic Frost will be better on their own shows than on a festival. Plus, Tom is a little ill I think. I'm not sure if he was any better by Wacken, but I know he was in terrible shape before hand. I think he had kidney failure or something like that.
Did Venom play Black Metal and Countess Bathory?

Metal head87 said:
Maybe I should have gone. Although I wouldn't have skipped on so many of the bands like most of you did. I want to see Emperor so badly. Maybe they'll tour or play some shows in the US again. I'm still pissed that Atheist, an American band, never even did anything here since they reformed.

They are going to soon. Just google for SMN atheist forum for more info.

Metal head87 said:
Plus, Tom is a little ill I think. I'm not sure if he was any better by Wacken, but I know he was in terrible shape before hand. I think he had kidney failure or something like that.
CF had to cancel their performance at "Rock Hard" festival in Gelsenkirchen at the beginning of June (shortly before they were supposed to go on stage actually...) cos Tom had to be admitted to a hospital due to terrible pain caused by a kidney stone, as we were told. The good thing was that we got to see Bolt Thrower playing a couple more songs....