Yamaha hs50 vs anything of similar price

Auroras

Mar 23, 2010
Toronto Canada
We'll im planing on getting these monitors what other monitors should i look into as well that will give me the most realistic/truest sound in this price range.

And how do they compare to these

Thanks

well, I use Samson Rubicon R5a's:

http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/samson-rubicon-r5a-ribbon-studio-active-monitor--25854

I think they're fantastic for the money. There's even a reasonable amount of low end coming from the 5" cone it has, the same size as in Yamaha HS50m's. I haven't felt like needing a sub, but I do check the low end of my mixes by headphones.

They have ribbon tweeters, like in Adam's monitors, and I'd say they're the best thing ever conceived by Samson. I think I'll keep these as secondary monitors when I'll eventually buy a pair of pro monitors...

Still obviously, they probably wouldn't beat HS80m's, if you'll be able to stretch your budget that far.

I just got my HS 80 and i realy love it, my first set was a KRK Rp6 but it just dident work for me.
My opinion is that you can t go wrong with the Hs 50 for a small room. You just have to set it right, and learn your monitors.
James Murphy, and Tue Madsen also checked their mixes on Hs50 s as a second pair (i think ).