Yamaha SW 10 STUDIO sub woofer?

Keessi

Everything on eleven!
Aug 11, 2006
I'm getting a "new" one for 350e and noticed that the real price is 850e :O.

Anyone have this? Is it any good?

just to clarify: it's a display model in a music store... Thus the price.

I've got a Yamaha SW-10. Paired it up with my HS-80's and fell in love with my monitoring setup all over again. I listened to the sub Yamaha makes for the HS series and was much less than impressed. The SW-10 was made for the MSP series and sounds killer in my opinion. I had my control room designed with the help of an acoustician and have the HS-80's soffit mounted and plenty of bass trapping in the room. Adding the sub really opened up my speakers and let me hear what the bottom octave was doing to my mixes. It took a little while to get it dialed in and if your room doesn't have proper bass trapping a sub can make the problems worse. I would say the SW-10 has been the best purchase I've made this year and one of the only things that made an instant improvement to my mixes. I was very skeptical on what a sub would do for me but now I don't know how I went so long with out one. At less than half of the original street price it seems like a good deal depending on what your current monitoring setup is.

-DDS