Yay for me!!!!!

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
For those that dont read my prestigious journal............

Im gonna be FRONT ROW for the Creed show! Woo!!! All thanks to that internet wonder called ebay! (NO thanks to that stupid my ticketek bullshit club, but you can read my rant about it on my journal)

Im general admission baby!

Everyone give it up for Spawny!

Can I get a hell yeah??????!

:headbang:

I rule so much, im very happy right now :)

*Spawny grabs his blanket and goes and waits in line to make sure he is front row*

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Tickets for the Melb show go on sale tomorrow. My brother in law (whom I am going with) is gettin our tickets in the morning. :headbang:

:headbang: Onya Blitzy :D

By the way, to anyone who might know, if they sell out quick and do a second Sydney show (which is what will happen, im sure of it) will it go up on the website immediately when they announce a second show? I want to go but dont know if Ill have to be at the actual ticketek place to get good seats when they announce the show.........

I could always pay through the nose on ebay again I guess if I dont get the second show ones :lol:

Also, if they do a third show im gonna go...... ahh nevermind, you know the rest :D

I doubt I'll be going. Brisbane Entertainment Centre is a pain in the bottom to get to without a car. Sigh.

Oh well, it's not like I'm a big fan of the band or anything, and considering the number of bands that I actually like that I'll be able to see this year, I'm sure I'll get over it :)

I payed $165 for mine, because I missed out on the general admission seats and I wanted to be front row so I went onto ebay and got one :D

Yes $85 is the correct price.i got my general admission tickets this morning.I only got to Ticketek at 8.30am and was very surprised to find that there were only 3 peopel in the queue in front of me(by 9am there were about 20 people behind me) so i was able to get floor tickets.I have to admit i not really that much of a fan but i thought i would go along.I have only heard some of the first CD but i am told that the 2nd CD is a bit heavier than the first.My friends will be happy as i told them that i probably wouldn't be able to get very good tickets as i wasn't able to line up early enough

Actually, I dont think their second album is all that much heavier myself, and the first one is my favourite :headbang: Though Human Clay also rocks :headbang: As does Weathered come to think of it :headbang:

Originally posted by spawn
Actually, I dont think their second album is all that much heavier myself, and the first one is my favourite :headbang:
Yeah, I reckon My Own Prison is a heaps better album than Human Clay. Especially the song 'Torn'. :headbang:

I haven't had a chance to pick up Weathered yet, but it will no doubt be coming very shortly!

I think My Own Prison was both heavier and better. Human Clay was softer and where they "made it" to the pop charts, in a big way, (in the U.S. anyway) with Higher and Arms Wide Open, but most of the rest of the CD is sort of non-memorable. My Own Prison has Torn, My Own Prison, One and What's This Life For? (love that Torn - Torn, I'm filthy, Born, In my own misery! - Yeah!)

"Weathered" is heavier than all, IMHO, the first 2 songs blew me away. I died laughing when I first heard it, because Creed finally went HEAVY metal! Yeah!!!:headbang:

Spawn - I'll swap you Iced Earth's autographs (in the Spring, of course) for one of Creed's (especially Stapp's.) ;) It was worth a shot anyway. (hehe)

Yes I agree, Torn ROCKS!!!!!!! :headbang:

I like Say I and What If most on the second album, its great when the heavy stuff gets going, but iverall I like My Own Prison the most, as nearly every song on it is fantastic (especially Whats This Life For, I love that song, thats what got me to buy the album, I heard it on the radio back when they were nobodies *LOL*)

She Wolf: If I meet them Ill grab some autographs, but dont hold your breath :D

Heres some smilies for your kids to admire too ;) :hotjump: :D :eek: :)

"Human Clay" is my fav Creed album. It's has a more mature and developed sound than "My Own Prison", but not as soft as "Weathered", and I think every song is great! The first time I listened to "Weathered", I thought "FUCK ME this is heavy!" but it dies off after the first few songs. The first two albums are heavier overall. "Weathered" is a great album, but is my least fav. Still can't wait to see em live tho. :D

Yep, Weathered is my least favourite as well, its not as strong overall as the other 2, but considering how good the other 2 are, im not surprised :)

Oddly, I prefer all the quieter songs on Weathered mostly, My Sacrifice, Hide and One Last Breath are all my favourites, with Bullets (and maybe signs depending on my mood) being the only heavy one I liked. As I said, very odd! :D

Shit!
looks like i am way behind the times(i thought weathered was the 2nd CD but i guess it is actually the 3rd CD by the look of this thread!

Originally posted by Ralphe
Shit!
looks like i am way behind the times(i thought weathered was the 2nd CD but i guess it is actually the 3rd CD by the look of this thread!

Yes, yes it is :D

As far as Human Clay goes, my favourite track would have to be Inside Us All. A softer one, but the vocal melodies and lyrics are especially good. Other than that, I like Are You Ready? and What If? (perhaps it's something about have question marks in the song titles :) ).

Actually I agree, Creed write some of the most brilliant melodic stuff Ive ever heard, no band should be that talented :D

Agreed Spawny. Some of my favourite Creed songs are the melodic ones; Wash Away Those Years, Inside Us All, One Last Breath, ect.

Also, after playing her 'Weathered' a few times, I have finally got my girlfriend to like some good music, and convinced her to come along to the Creed show with me. :D