Yeah!! Krank Rev Jr.

Sep 8, 2005
Im now the owner of one of this little beasts.

Found it on ebay $320 plus $30 shipping!, i didn´t planned to buy one but i was sold when i saw the price, it supposed to be brand new floor model for some store, was missing the power tubes and the seller put new two tung sol, and the back is missing.

I just tried today and is awesome, and fuckin LOUD!!, i can even pass 3 o´clock in my bedroom and that is already loud, plus, the effects loop boost, you can push it really loud, definitely you can gig with it, i just wait to try it at rehearsal so i can crank it and check it full potential.

Im happy with the purchase, but i have a question to other krank rev jr owners:

When i turn on the amp, there is a hum sound out of it, but not through the speakers, or i think that, because i cranked the volume to see if i can heard it in the speaker but that hum didnt increased in volume, i think the hum sounds is coming from the device itself, is this normal or what could be wrong? the amp sound great through.

:headbang:

Im now the owner of one of this little beasts.

Found it on ebay $320 plus $30 shipping!, i didn´t planned to buy one but i was sold when i saw the price, it supposed to be brand new floor model for some store, was missing the power tubes and the seller put new two tung sol, and the back is missing.

I just tried today and is awesome, and fuckin LOUD!!, i can even pass 3 o´clock in my bedroom and that is already loud, plus, the effects loop boost, you can push it really loud, definitely you can gig with it, i just wait to try it at rehearsal so i can crank it and check it full potential.

Im happy with the purchase, but i have a question to other krank rev jr owners:

When i turn on the amp, there is a hum sound out of it, but not through the speakers, or i think that, because i cranked the volume to see if i can heard it in the speaker but that hum didnt increased in volume, i think the hum sounds is coming from the device itself, is this normal or what could be wrong? the amp sound great through.

:headbang:

Looks like you got a good price. I have a Rev Jr. and it doesn't make a humming noise, nor do any of my other tube amps.

I really wanna score one of these off eBay but the dude selling it won't ship... he lives about 5 hours away, and he's got a good price on it :erk:

Couldn't tell you what that humming is... Transformer? Is it humming loud or are you being pedantic?! :lol:

i have a Rev1 that had a little hum like that. my amp tech said he fixed the ground on the input jack. no more hum.

Mine hums fo the time is on, i think i could be that ground issue, or the power issue as well, need to check it, i hope isn´t something bad.

I tested the amp at full volume yesterday, damn the thing is scary, my friend thought the thing was a toy, and now he want one. fucking loud!! the effects loop boost is a bless.
I didn´t like the kleen channel, is barely "kleen", but i wanted it for it´s distortion.

Meisterjäger: Lol not being pedantic haha, is not that loud really when im playing i can´t even notice it, only when not playing i can heard it, is a light hum.

Do you think it has enough volume to seriously function as a live amp dude? Also, did you get the regular or the "Pro?"

that little shit is really really loud, I use it at 1 and my room vibrates a lot.

I bet using it with a PA could do the work for a small/medium gig like a pub or something

cheers

Yes!, under a Mic of course, or on small venues without a mic. I got the regular, i think the pro must have better Cleans.
Definitely want to use it live.

Marcus: My 5w Valve Jr. is as loud as my 120w Bugera with master on 2 and channel volume all the way up...which is plenty to be heard over a drummer. The Rev Jr. at 20w is a lot louder than you would think. :)

~006