Yes another guitar question...

Oct 13, 2003
NL - Gelderland
ok iv been searching for an ok V-shaped guitar not too expensive,
first my mind was on the Ibanez VBT 700, since i always play the RG series of ibanez, but i want to back off a little from ibanez they are good and all but they dont make guitars as they used too.

but this is not the point, i came across Fernandes guitars with an awesome looking guitar the "Vortex"
but since there are no dealers around where i live i cant test the guitar that sucks, so does anyone here have any experience with Fernandes?
how do they sound and feel?

thnx

They're kinda hit and miss... I'd stay away from their entry level instruments, but the higher priced ones are worth considering.

I you like the looks and specs of the Vortex Elite and Deluxe, then you should definitely look into the new B.C. Rich Jr V.... they've seriously revamped their line.

Edit: I'm talking about this one:

547819.jpg

Do know what you consider as not too expensive. I have been looking at the Schecter Hellraiser FR V. The FR is the Floyd Rose version. This thing looks sweet! Gcenter has them listed at $799.

If it plays as well as my Hellraiser C7, then I am sold.

hmm k thanks for the tip...and 800dollars is not too expensive for a guitar in my opinion(if its good though :rofl:)

will look into the BC rich...not a big fan of theirs, but that is one awesome looking guitar.
and i dont need a floyd rose...i actually dont need a tremelo(so this saves in money :p)

but im looking for a guitar with a warm full metal sound, not too high.

The best thing about Fernanades is that many of their guitars include a "Sustainer" pickup in the neck position. If you can find one with that, then you're in store for some seriously cool sounds.

And slash is right, their lowest level guitars are korean made crap that you should probably stay away from, but as you climb the ladder, the quality increases dramatically. Find out where the guitar was made.