What guitar...

I'm not Ken, but I give it two thumbs up. I don't have as much experience with the BH2, but I've heard other Bad Horsie enthusiasts say it was a downgrade...I can't really comment on the validity of that. Switchless=win though

I'll second the original BH, had one, sold it with the rest of the gear. The BH2 are kida cool since you can adjust the contour of the "wah". My Line6 pedalboard has a built in wah that isn't horrible, but it sure makes me miss my BH. And yes, switchless is a MAJOR win, espcially with wahs....

Ok, the main reason I'm asking, is because I had a Dunlop Crybaby, and always found it was too thin sounding, so I sold it, and don't have a wah... I know lots of guys who use the CB, and get a thick tone out of it, but the morley just seems better... And what is meant by switchless? (scuse my n00b moment :D )

Ok, the main reason I'm asking, is because I had a Dunlop Crybaby, and always found it was too thin sounding, so I sold it, and don't have a wah... I know lots of guys who use the CB, and get a thick tone out of it, but the morley just seems better... And what is meant by switchless? (scuse my n00b moment :D )

The traditional wahs have a switch you have to stomp on (it's under the front lip of the pedal). Same kind of analolg switch most pedals have. click on, click off. The Moeley's have an optical switch, which won't wear out. Soon as you step off of it, it goes into bypass, and shuts off. When you have a mechanical switch, it can get noisy over time. The downside of the switchless ones is that you can't partially depress it, and leave it there, ala Michael Schenker. The Moreley is sprink loaded. You get off of it, and the effect shuts off (bypass).
The BH's have a pretty wide "wah" contour. it just takes getting used to. When I tried one out, I tried getting that vintagey Voodoo Chile sound, and it sounded like a cat running headlong into a blender :lol: The pedal movements had to be more precise, if that makes any sense.....

edit: IIRC, the whole "pot" is optical, that's another part that can wear out & get noisy on the CB models. Some prefer the vintage style. Different strokes for different folks

The traditional wahs have a switch you have to stomp on (it's under the front lip of the pedal). Same kind of analolg switch most pedals have. click on, click off. The Moeley's have an optical switch, which won't wear out. Soon as you step off of it, it goes into bypass, and shuts off. When you have a mechanical switch, it can get noisy over time. The downside of the switchless ones is that you can't partially depress it, and leave it there, ala Michael Schenker. The Moreley is sprink loaded. You get off of it, and the effect shuts off (bypass).
The BH's have a pretty wide "wah" contour. it just takes getting used to. When I tried one out, I tried getting that vintagey Voodoo Chile sound, and it sounded like a cat running headlong into a blender :lol: The pedal movements had to be more precise, if that makes any sense.....

edit: IIRC, the whole "pot" is optical, that's another part that can wear out & get noisy on the CB models. Some prefer the vintage style. Different strokes for different folks

I used mine for the ala Michael Schenker thing you mentioned...I had an early 80's Crybaby...sold it on ebay for like a $125 bucks.

ok, so rather than having to stomp on the front half of the pedal, and then be able to move it back and forth with wah activated, when the weight of your foot is on the pedal it is automatically activated, is this what is being said?

Here's my setup for recording purposes

Guitars: Ibanez RG2270 with Evo in the bridge, Paf Pro in the neck, Carvin CT4 carvetop when I record rock like tunes, For 1/2 step downtuned songs I use Carvin Strat kit that i put together (sounds nice and straty :p) and a Kiko Loureiro KL-160 by Edwards (the more affordable ESP model).

Amps: Mesa Boogie 20/20 power amp and a Triaxis, and my personal fav the HK Triamp MkII.

Cab: Randall Isolation Cab with a Celstion 30 inside
Mic: SM57
Effects: TC Electronic G major, I hardly record with in unles using some compression with the clean sounds so i don't peak out my signal going to the PC.

I have a number of RG's in my collection but after 2003 Ibanez has been kind of downhill for me, I was blessed with having a job that made me travel to japan and thats where I bought my RG's, mainly because they sold models there that you can't get in the USA. but even the japanese models now fail to do anything for me, especially the edge pro bridge, doesn't stay in tune as well as the lo-pro edges.
Edwards, again Japanese guitars, have caught my eye since 2005 as being really nicely setup, designed, and great sounding guitars and happen to get the Kiko Loureiro Edwards guitar for a good price, definetly one of my favorites to play. Love the neckthru and the shallow scallops from 12 to 27
All of theses guitar are strat shaped, can't go wrong with that!

As for American guitar I'm really digging Carvins, the last 2 that i got are fantastic, now they have the Single Cut guitars (LP) now I'm gassing for those!

I've got:
Ibanez SZ320 with Bill Lawrence XL500 in the bridge
1976 Ibanez Strat with Seymour Duncan Hotrails in the Bridge
Washburn Maverick with Ibanez Edge 3 bridge and Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in the bridge position

If you haven't guessed yet, my favourite make is Ibanez. I'd like to get a Mayones, or Caparison, when I eventually get the money for a high end guitar. That or the new H.R. Giger signature Ibanez. He's an artist, who designed the aliens in "Alien", among other things. It's the single coolest looking guitar I've ever seen. The hardware is pretty average on it, so I'd upgrade the pickups (DiMarzio's probably) and replace the bridge with an Edge Pro, or original Floyd Rose. I'm also really keen on getting some sort of Randy Rhoads shaped guitar, just because they look awesome.

My amp isn't even worth mentioning, but I'm currently considering thinking about starting to save up for a Peavey 6505.

Holy crap... I think I found a new love.

S7320_BK_1M_01.gif

A 7 string S series... what the hell is the world coming to. I must have this

Vantage VP795 Koa/maple/attached neck - oooold school
Kramer 110 S-H, Floyd Rose II - primary axe
Tokai Hummingbird - 2 P90's right now, not for long, going SD SH10 bridge, stock P90 neck
Gretsch Syncromatic 3900 Archtop single floating pup- reissue, Korean, not bad for my needs
some old Strat copy Ive had for years in pieces because Im lazy, too busy or distracted, actually it really needs a neck, stripped and/or missing truss nut

ART SGX 2000 (w/1 12AX7) & Alesis midiverbII effects in stereo through

Randall RG80 w/2-12 stack (SS)
Carvin X100B w/4-12 stack (tube)
4-10 Marshall cab hanging around

Carvin SX200 2/12 combo used for the Gretsch or easy cut and run jaming elsewhere

Old Vantage Bass, ugly lesser twin to my guitar
Carvin Redline 600 w/4-10's

only desires are 2 Vin 30's for the Randall cab, hotter bridge pup for the Kramer & Tokai, then a Floyd or Kahler for the Tokai, fret and scallop for the Kramer, maybe a small vintage tube combo for the archtop, either a newer Carvin or old Magnatone MP1 or MP3, due to my EQ on the stereo setup is phat for metal and NOT good for the archtop. Should get an acoustic someday, played a very nice sounding/playing inexpensive Alvarez I never got around to buying. Oh yea, I want to build a matching cab for the Randall 2/12 but it might be a 1/15, the octave drop I occassionally use on the SGX seems to work the 12's a bit, then I'll probably loose the 4/10 Marshall. Maybe... maybe sell the Vantage someday, wont be easy to part with.

^ :lol: thank you, well said
----------------------------

Morleys - I tried one once, maybe they have changed, this was a late 80's model. I did not like the tone one bit and returned it. ??? I was figuring if I wanted the real wah sound I would need to go to a cry baby but they were more expensive so I never got around to trying one. So what was that, lack of experience in understanding the pedal or what ? It just wasnt the warm wah sound I was hoping for. My SGX has wah in it but I have yet to get midi-ized. Still swithing manually, that unit can be dialed in however you want. I hope I can get a good wah sound out of it too.

Ohhh... I didn't realize. I am so very sorry for being mistaken. Please forgive me. I forgot that I have to be perfect, otherwise you will point out every little wrong thing. Very sorry.
I still think that the new line up is sweet.

No need to act like a bitch about it. Besides, it's not like I was correcting you over semantics, spelling, or anything to that effect. If the smilie wasn't enough to let on that I wasn't saying it to be a dick, then I'll clarify: I wasn't saying it to be a dick.

Considering the fact that the guy was interested in the model, he might also be interested in knowing when it came out. Having you implying that it is a new '08 model could cause confusion and he could end up looking for a new, '08 S-series seven string when no such thing exists.

Way to unnecessarily make a big deal out of something!:headbang: