What passive 7 string humbucker I should test?

It is possible that it wasn't a good choice for that guitar, but he has that universe and also a 2127 that is mahogany and he's had BKP's in that and it still doesn't sound too great, at least for the style/sound we're going for.

I have no doubt that BKP's are great pickups, but after hearing how good the Evo sounds in his guitar and seeing the huge price difference, I just find it may be easier to stick with something simple.

Anyway, all my 7 strings have EMGs in them so my opinion my be worth jack in this thread. :lol:

BKPs just dont sound good in Ibanez Guitars to me ... they sounds great in my 7 string which is similar to an RG but not quite the same Ash vs Basswood. Dimarzios by far are the best for Ibanez guitars in my opinion they just seem to work well with them

I've had the JB bridge / '59 neck in my C7+ for several years now. They sound fine to me. YMMV.

I've had mud problems, but it was definately because of my DIY amps. When they are running right no problems at all.

The JB dc resistance is pretty high. I usually like lower output PAF style pickups.

The guys in the workshop told me, for this guitar (ibanez s-series 7 string) it is not recommendable using active ones, cause I´d have to get rid of the coils (and this I did not want) I play solos very often with single coils. I tryed some pick ups, but for me personally the DiMarzio DP 755 Tone Zone 7 brought the smile with the two mentioned signal chains, especially the lead sound I fell in love with.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/dimarzio_dp755tonezone7_black.htm

The guys in the workshop told me, for this guitar (ibanez s-series 7 string) it is not recommendable using active ones, cause I´d have to get rid of the coils (and this I did not want) I play solos very often with single coils. I tryed some pick ups, but for me personally the DiMarzio DP 755 Tone Zone 7 brought the smile with the two mentioned signal chains, especially the lead sound I fell in love with.

Which other pickups did you get a chance to try?...

Which other pickups did you get a chance to try?...

Unfortunately they had not that much options there. The crunch lab they didn´t have, the Lundgren they didn´t have placed in guitars, so I tryed a couple of Seymor & Duncan what I did not like very much. The Dimarzio has a wonderful singin´lead sound what reminds me of Satriani. They rythm sound is very powerful, too. Very aggressive with my Krank. It roars like a lion :headbang:

I'll preface this post by saying that I haven't played one myself, but among the 7-string community, the consensus seems to be that the TZ7 is pretty much the worst 7-string pickup DiMarzio makes. I'm not saying not to use it if you like it, but if you like the TZ7, there might be another DiMarzio you'd like even more. The Blaze Custom might be right up your alley (I certainly like mine), and the D-Sonic isn't too far off from the general area of that tonal response.

I'll preface this post by saying that I haven't played one myself, but among the 7-string community, the consensus seems to be that the TZ7 is pretty much the worst 7-string pickup DiMarzio makes. I'm not saying not to use it if you like it, but if you like the TZ7, there might be another DiMarzio you'd like even more. The Blaze Custom might be right up your alley (I certainly like mine), and the D-Sonic isn't too far off from the general area of that tonal response.

Really? Wow this surprised me, cause I really liked the lead tone. The Rythm tone is not as good as some EMG´s, but the guitar sounds much better than with the original Ibanz humbucker before.

Just so you know Felix, the EMG 707TW lets you split the coils like a passive pickup, though you'd have to do some routing to the guitar body to fit it in (why EMG doesn't just release them in a standard size utterly mystifies me :mad: )

why EMG doesn't just release them in a standard size utterly mystifies me )

Yeah that´s weird! :( Marcus, I see me buying a guitar with original EMG´s in a couple of month.

Question about the Tone Zone 7, dudes. I tested this pick-up in a Ibanez guitar (some RG) what body was NOT Mahagony, I think. I really loved the singing lead tone through the JVM-Mesa combination, but I´m not sure, if this will be cool with my S-series (Mahagony).

What passive pick ups you would recommend for Ibanez with Mahagony body through a JVM-Mesa4x12?