Amp:

Marshall JCM 800, 2204 50 watt head from 1988
Marshall JCM 900 4x12 1960

Effects:

Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS10 (stinkfoot modified)
Jim Dunlop Crybaby wha
Roland Dep-3 Digital Reverb

Can I ask you how to find this guitar? As per my above post, I'm seriously considering buying this instead of trying to find an older RG7620 (or RG7420)

Would much prefer an S body over an RG

You could also try finding a used S7420 or 540S7. They aren't too common on the used market (or weren't last time I checked) but they can be had for pretty good prices. I had a s7420fm for a long time and it was a great guitar. The only negative aspect was the trem, which was kind of crappy, but I had mine blocked so it wasn't an issue. I ended up selling it to help fund my musicman, but I wouldn't mind tracking it down and buying it back to be honest. The 540S7 had better specs over all (lo-pro edge, blaze pickups) but it's also a bit more on the rare side than the s7420.

Can I ask you how to find this guitar? As per my above post, I'm seriously considering buying this instead of trying to find an older RG7620 (or RG7420)

Would much prefer an S body over an RG

Went straight to guitar center and told them to place one on order for me and I got it about 3 days later. Any reason you want this over an RG? I honestly like them both a lot and use them on different songs for different reasons when recording.

I've got Epiphone Les Paul Standard and some old Marshall. As a distortion I've got Digitech's Distortion factory 7 (DF-7).

I'm thinking of gettin' Caparison Dellinger II. Really looking forward to it :headbang:

^ My SGX has wah in it but I have yet to get midi-ized. Still swithing manually, that unit can be dialed in however you want. I hope I can get a good wah sound out of it too.

Do I hear you right - an ART product has better sound than a Morley? Wow. Times have changed. From my point of reference (I haven't really been into equipment since the mid-'90's), ART was low-end crap shit, stuffing in as many low-do effects as they could and selling it cheap. But, I'm old.

Perhaps you bought a bad Morley model?

Do I hear you right - an ART product has better sound than a Morley? Wow. Times have changed. From my point of reference (I haven't really been into equipment since the mid-'90's), ART was low-end crap shit, stuffing in as many low-do effects as they could and selling it cheap. But, I'm old.

Perhaps you bought a bad Morley model?

No I said Im not sure how the wah works yet as Im not midi through the pedal yet. But I def did not like the Morley one bit. Alesis quadraverb was a prefered unit to the ART "in the day" but as I recall just the SGX2000 sold near 700 without the pedal. I only aquired mine recently for little more than the price of a decent stomp box and am very happy so far and I have delved little into all the parameters that are fully tuneable. It might not be "the best", I wouldnt know, but its far from "cheap" and I have some great usable sounds right now, better than I ever had. I no longer use the distortion channels on my amps because I came up with a great crunch. The clean tones are a little wetter than I like but Im getting a few of them worked out. I can switch to a bit more wet sounds with added volumn for "leads" which I need because my fingers dont sing and Im no "lead" player. There is little this thing does'nt do but a learning curve and time twiddling to making personal presets is required. Alot of the factory presets are exagerated and need to be toned down, I believe these were two factors that turned most players off to them. At first when you try many presets, its like "what the hell would I ever use that for", but adjust and tweak here and there (everything is adjustable and saveable) and eventually you have access to great usable tones. Its a very complex unit and would have been easier to buy something newer or even cheaper, but I have no regrets and am not looking for anything to improve my sound anymore. Most of what I have is old stuff I've had for going on 20 years, this SGX made the difference I was looking for. I still have less invested than a single Marshall stack or designer guitar and far more versitility. Now if only the hands were as good as the equipment.............. :erk:

Went straight to guitar center and told them to place one on order for me and I got it about 3 days later. Any reason you want this over an RG? I honestly like them both a lot and use them on different songs for different reasons when recording.

Body shape and the mahogany body. It's just preference, I wouldn't turn down an RG if it came up.

I really should buy a better amp before buying this though.

Current Guitars:

A Washburn X50 Pro FE: Mahogany superstrat body, string-thru tunomatic bridge, set neck, EMG 85 Bridge + EMG 81 Neck, 24 frets, rosewood fretboard with no inlays (really dark rosewood, looks practically the same as ebony). The finish is transparent black with a flamed maple top.

I personally love this guitar for the price, it's a bargain.

My old guitar is an Ibanez RG320FM. Planning on blocking the horrible trem and sticking some Dimarzios in it.

Prefered Guitars: Superstrats.

Amp: Just a Roland Cube 20X :lol: I'm not gigging or anything just yet.

Dream Guitar: Ibanez RG8670TB J Custom
IbanezJcustom.jpg

-I have an Ibanez RG7620BK and I have a '97 UV7BK on the way.
-I prefer Ibanez and Jackson.
-My dream guitar is a UV777GN. One day... : P

Amp, rack, etc.:

BOSS NS-2
Sabine RT-1601 rack tuner
ADA MP1 pre-amp
Mesa 50/50 poweramp (still waiting for it to arrive)
Marshall 1936 2x12 cab

Current Guitars:

A Washburn X50 Pro FE: Mahogany superstrat body, string-thru tunomatic bridge, set neck, EMG 85 Bridge + EMG 81 Neck, 24 frets, rosewood fretboard with no inlays (really dark rosewood, looks practically the same as ebony). The finish is transparent black with a flamed maple top.

I personally love this guitar for the price, it's a bargain.

My old guitar is an Ibanez RG320FM. Planning on blocking the horrible trem and sticking some Dimarzios in it.

Prefered Guitars: Superstrats.

Amp: Just a Roland Cube 20X :lol: I'm not gigging or anything just yet.

Dream Guitar: Ibanez RG8670TB J Custom
IbanezJcustom.jpg

I think the Roland cubes are great...I adore my Micro Cube. You can gig with those and sound amazing going into the PA board.

Im the king of Low end guitar modification so just keep that in mind. i have a penchant for taking the most god awful pieces of shit, making modifications and turning them into actual tone machines, its the Bumblefoot in me, cant help it ...

My main guitar is a custom hand built 7 string. The body is alder (i like the flat tone), Maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard, the neck is a 5 string bass neck that I had a new fingerboard put on and fitted with Dunlop Extra Jumbos, although now they are more like jumbos (need a refret). Its a flat black finish with a Tone Pros standard string through body bridge. The pickups were just upgraded to Bare Knuckles from a recommendation from Chris Broderick. I use 2 Miracle Man pickups. There is one Dimarzio 500k Volume and 1 Dimarzio 250k Tone control.

My backup guitar (which im trading today ironically) is an OLP Petrucci model. I replaced the crap pickups with a Dimarzio PAF Pro and Replaced the neck with an Air Norton. I upgraded the tuners to Sperzel Lockings, and put in a graphite nut. I also changed the electronics to the same as my 7 string. Dimarzio 500k Volume and 250k Tone.

My 3rd guitar is one of those $10.00 ebay specials. I picked it up to smash on stage at a gig, but i really wound up loving the neck on it. Its got a real deep U shape and its fun to play. This has been upgraded by adding mass to the bridge, A Duncan JB in the bridge, and 2 Texas Specials in the middle and neck position. This has 2 Dimarzio 500k Volume Pots and a 250k Tone. Cause of the really cheap body on this guitar its got a real thin sound that I use to complement my rythm parts in the studio. It works preatty great actually to give me some good top end bite. i have used it on 1 or 2 solos aswell.

For amps and effects ....

I use Peavey Valveking amps with JJ 12ax7 Preamp and Groove Tube 6L6 Power Tubes, In the studio I use a 1x12 combo with a fitted with a Celestion V30 that I have had in about 5 different amps by this point...lol Something about this speaker just had the "IT" sound for me.

Live I use Peavey Valve king combos in conjunction with Marshall 1960b Cabs.

My signal path is:
Guitar > Morely Bad Horsey > Spruce Effects TS808 Clone > Amp

In the effects loop I run:
Boss NS2 Gate > Boss CE3 Chorus Ensemble > Boss DD3 Digital Delay

In the studio i prefer to mic with an Audix I5 (I usually bring my own)

I am more of a tone chaser than a feel guy. I can play just about nay guitar and make it work. For me its all about that tone I hear in my head, and the Peavey really give me what Im hearing. I always wanted that 5150 kinda sound but with more bite in the highs and a smooter low end. I had Mesa's, Marshalls, and 5150s but I pleayed the Vale King once and fell in love with it.

Have any of you guys played a Variax 700? With all the multiple tunings in todays music, it sounds like a killer idea to have a single guitar that you can switch tunings with the turn of a knob....

Have any of you guys played a Variax 700? With all the multiple tunings in todays music, it sounds like a killer idea to have a single guitar that you can switch tunings with the turn of a knob....

That Fender/Roland VG Strat looks pretty sweet too...it has similar capabilities...but I would imagine a better product...they're competitively priced too!

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0117502700