What guitar...

What guitar do you have?
What guitars do you prefer (brand, shape)?
What's your dream guitar?

And all these questions with cabinets/amps

I'm starting

1. I got Ibanez RG 7321 BK and (used) Jem 7V White
2. I prefer (and use) Ibanez guitars as you see above
3. But I'd like to have all kind of Ibanez Jem series (especially Ibanez Jem 77 BFP Blue Flower Pattern), ESP KH-2 Vintage.

cabinets/amps

1. I got Marshall Mode Four half stack
2. I prefer Marshall, Line 6, Mesa Boogie,
3. I'd like to have Line 6 Vetta II, Mesa Triple Rectifier, etc.

Go on...

hehe...

1. I've got:
-Caparison Horus Scarab / Gold
-Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic Guitar (Solid Bunya top, Solid Blackwood back & sides with pickup & cutaway)
-Admira 'Alicia' Classical Guitar (Solid Cedar top, Solid Rosewood back & sides with cutaway)

2. I prefer Caparison guitars for metal, Cole Clark guitars for Acoustic, and non-metal electric guitars, and old, matured Classical guitars with cutaways... :cool:

3. I'd really like:
-a 7 string Caparison Horus (which unfortunately doesn't exist :erk: )
-a Cole Clark 'Culprit' Hollow-body tele with Rosewood body face
-an White Ibanez Steve Vai Jem (just cos)
-an old Classical guitar with Solid Spruce top and Solid Rosewood back & sides and if I'm really lucky, with a cutaway as well... )

Don't have a good amp at the moment, but I'd like a H&K Triamp ultimately I reckon...

I have:
90's Jackson Professional-customized
Vintage Carvin DC200-stock
LTD/ESP Hybrid-400-highly customized
Dean Exotiglass acoustic/electric...cheap, but ok...I'm not much of an acoustic guy.

I don't have a brand preference...depends on the individual axe.

I'd like a Vintage Carvin DC200 in Koa...a vintage Washburn A-20...a Carvin V220M

I play through a recently acquired Tech 21 Trademark 30...which may be the best amp I've owned...it's small, but for a practice/small gig/recording amp, it can't be beat...analog emulation as opposed to digital modeling...no tubes to deal with and just as good if not better(to my ear of course)...all at 14 pounds and made in the good ol' USA. I would probably like to have a Mesa F50...or a Carvin X100B. Also have a Roland Micro Cube which is just invaluable for quality of tone in a completely portable unit...I can carry it all over my house...batteries last forever.

-Ibanez jem7vwh
-EBMM Axis supersport (honeyburst finish, upgraded quilted maple top, trem, maple fretboard, unfinished headstock, non-piezo)
-Jackson dx10d (first guitar, can't get rid of it)
-Jackson kvx10 (....probably should get rid of it)
-my shitty washburn classical:erk:

My amp is a Mesa boogie f30

As for dream gear, or rather "things I will have, but don't....yet"

-EBMM silhouette special (carbon blue pearl, maple board, HSS config)
-EBMM Axis SS (pacific blueburst, hardtail, piezo, rosewood board, matching headstock)
-Suhr- Pro series S3 (that or the s2...I forget which is which)
-Mesa Boogie Lonestar
-Roland JC-90
-one of the new Carvin jazz boxes
-Breedlove AC25/sr+

I'm currently putting my pedal board together too, so that's an ongoing thing. I should have my BB Preamp this week.

ESP LTD EC-300
Ibanez RG420
some older Ibanez, unknown model
two cheap acoustic ones

I prefer good guitars, lol.

I don't have use for dream guitars.

Peavey Rage 158
Line6 Spider II
4x12" Crate

-Ibanez jem7vwh
-EBMM Axis supersport (honeyburst finish, upgraded quilted maple top, trem, maple fretboard, unfinished headstock, non-piezo)
-Jackson dx10d (first guitar, can't get rid of it)
-Jackson kvx10 (....probably should get rid of it)
-my shitty washburn classical:erk:

My amp is a Mesa boogie f30

As for dream gear, or rather "things I will have, but don't....yet"

-EBMM silhouette special (carbon blue pearl, maple board, HSS config)
-EBMM Axis SS (pacific blueburst, hardtail, piezo, rosewood board, matching headstock)
-Suhr- Pro series S3 (that or the s2...I forget which is which)
-Mesa Boogie Lonestar
-Roland JC-90
-one of the new Carvin jazz boxes
-Breedlove AC25/sr+

I'm currently putting my pedal board together too, so that's an ongoing thing. I should have my BB Preamp this week.

Add a JC-90 on for me too.

How do you compare the gain level of the Lonestar to your F30...can you get a metal tone?

What new Carvin jazz box? you mean the NS1?

ive got an Ibanez S470 and an Ashdown Fallen Angel atm.

dream guitar? dunno, maybe a caparison like romeos, with a maple neck, but with a natural body

my current rig:

- ESP M-II camo specs: ebony fretboard, neck thru, alder body, maple neck, dual EMG 81 pickups, modded with a killswitch tuning: DGCFAD
- ESP M-II Deluxe specs: maple fretboard, bolt, alder body, maple neck, dual EMG81s, killswitch mod on this one too, matte grey finish, tuned CGCFAD
- Schecter Jeff Loomis signature 7 (already posted about this one)
- Tune 5 string bass tuned ADGCF
- piece of shit Carlo Robelli acoustic guitar, affectionately dubbed my "satan" guitar... used for excruciating shred warmups, since I strung it with the heaviest gauge strings I could find (this is my only guitar in standard tuning)

amp:
Line6 HD147 into a Mesa 2x12 cab (I really really dislike this rig and want to get a tube head so bad... modeling is great for ease of recording, but besides that little else IMO)

Dream guitar... not really sure, maybe a 7 with either a maple or ebony fretboard, quilted maple top with a matted blackburst finish (I think that'd look pretty sexy).

Electric Guitars:
Custom Handmade Axe
Jackson SL-3 (Pre-Fender buyout, modded), Floating bridge
Schecter C1-Hellraiser, Fixed bridge
Ibanez RG1527 7 String w/ Floating bridge
Acoustic Guitars:
Alvarez RD8
Epiphone (won it, signed by Staind lol)
Alvarez Classical
Ovation CS257 Acoustic/Electric

FX:
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9DX
Boss GT-6
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah

Amps:
Marshall AVT150 Head
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Crate xT65 1x12 Combo

Misc.:
Shure SM58 Mic
AKG Perception 250 Condenser Mic
Presonus Firebox I/O
Monster cables (3)
6 & 7 string capos

Software:
Cubase SX3
EWQL Hardcore Bass VST
EWQL Symphonic Orchestra VST
EZDrummer VST + All kits
Waves Platinum Bundle

What I'd want:
A nice drum kit, bass rig.

Add a JC-90 on for me too.

How do you compare the gain level of the Lonestar to your F30...can you get a metal tone?

What new Carvin jazz box? you mean the NS1?

The F30 has more gain than I'll ever need. It's somewhere between the rectifiers and the Mark series in terms of distorted sounds with the amount of gain available close to a rectifier, probably more than a Mark IV. When I do play heavier stuff with it, I still never have the gain past 6 (on the Channel 2/contour mode).

I was talking about the sh models https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=sh550

Jazz box was't the right term to use (it was early for me:lol:....or late depending on whether or not we're taking my sleep habits into account), but it's cool to finally see carvin dabbling in the semi-hollow market. They look great and probably play/sound equally awesome. I want to wait until more reviews are available, but I think I might end up getting one of these instead of the Godin Montreal I've been drooling over.

The F30 has more gain than I'll ever need. It's somewhere between the rectifiers and the Mark series in terms of distorted sounds with the amount of gain available close to a rectifier, probably more than a Mark IV. When I do play heavier stuff with it, I still never have the gain past 6 (on the Channel 2/contour mode).

I was talking about the sh models https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalog/guitars/index.php?model=sh550

Jazz box was't the right term to use (it was early for me:lol:....or late depending on whether or not we're taking my sleep habits into account), but it's cool to finally see carvin dabbling in the semi-hollow market. They look great and probably play/sound equally awesome. I want to wait until more reviews are available, but I think I might end up getting one of these instead of the Godin Montreal I've been drooling over.

They do look very nice.

They make beautiful guitars.

Yeah, jazz box...that's a new one:lol:

nah, it's just another word for a hollow-body electric guitar (usually full sized). 'twas early and I neglected that it is a fairly thin-bodied semi-hollow.

Current:
An 87 (I think - @ work & can't check the s/n)Ibanez RG570, modded with PAF Pros - Very old Jem like in tone...

a 2004 Caparison Applehorn Aurora - PH-R in the bridge, and a pickup of destiny in the neck. Neck pickup supplied by Mr. Eklundh, from his Applehorn Sandstone (according to his tech). The original single coil was a nice pickup, but was low output, not a good match for the bruiser qualities of the PH-R. The replacement is SWEET, the Caparison/Gotoh version of a hot rails.
I often refer to this guitar as my Ibanez Killer....

a 200? Ibanez FM320 - Horrible trem that will be blocked or tremelno'ed. This is a Korean guitar, but plays great, has great fretwork and sounds amazing for a mid-grade Ibanez.

Amp-wise I still have my Flextone II, which is like a rack in a box combo. I have a 1x12 Celestion extension cab for it as well. I REALLY miss my Marshall JCM 800 & My Boogie Mk IV.

I prefer strat style bodies, and don't mind if they are pointy or curved. And I much more prefer tube amps..

Dream stuff - I'd love to try a Caparison TAT, but will probably end up with an Horus, I'd alo like to acquire a nice Gibson Explorer, or one of the older hardtail Ibanez Destroyers,and I really want to get my mitts on a M/B Road King or an Engl Powerball. I'm torn between versatility and balls out metal tone. IMO, Road King fits that a little better. This is one of the main reasons I've held onto my Line6 for so long. (versatile!)

Edit: Let it be known that I would KILL to get back the guitars (as well as the previously mentioned amps) I had to sell while unemployed: a NOS Jem LNG #236 (dead fugiin mint!), an 88 (IIRC) Desert Sun Yellow Jem (quite possibly THE best guitar I have ever owned or played on), a Jem 90th (dead mint), 87 Charvel Model 4 (now owned by Rick P of Odin's Court), and my first good electric, a 1977 Les Paul Black Beauty......These threads make me sad....

Current:
An 87 (I think - @ work & can't check the s/n)Ibanez RG570, modded with PAF Pros - Very old Jem like in tone...

a 2004 Caparison Applehorn Aurora - PH-R in the bridge, and a pickup of destiny in the neck. Neck pickup supplied by Mr. Eklundh, from his Applehorn Sandstone (according to his tech). The original single coil was a nice pickup, but was low output, not a good match for the bruiser qualities of the PH-R. The replacement is SWEET, the Caparison/Gotoh version of a hot rails.
I often refer to this guitar as my Ibanez Killer....

a 200? Ibanez FM320 - Horrible trem that will be blocked or tremelno'ed. This is a Korean guitar, but plays great, has great fretwork and sounds amazing for a mid-grade Ibanez.

Amp-wise I still have my Flextone II, which is like a rack in a box combo. I have a 1x12 Celestion extension cab for it as well. I REALLY miss my Marshall JCM 800 & My Boogie Mk IV.

I prefer strat style bodies, and don't mind if they are pointy or curved. And I much more prefer tube amps..

Dream stuff - I'd love to try a Caparison TAT, but will probably end up with an Horus, I'd alo like to acquire a nice Gibson Explorer, or one of the older hardtail Ibanez Destroyers,and I really want to get my mitts on a M/B Road King or an Engl Powerball. I'm torn between versatility and balls out metal tone. IMO, Road King fits that a little better. This is one of the main reasons I've held onto my Line6 for so long. (versatile!)

Edit: Let it be known that I would KILL to get back the guitars (as well as the previously mentioned amps) I had to sell while unemployed: a NOS Jem LNG #236 (dead fugiin mint!), an 88 (IIRC) Desert Sun Yellow Jem (quite possibly THE best guitar I have ever owned or played on), a Jem 90th (dead mint), 87 Charvel Model 4 (now owned by Rick P of Odin's Court), and my first good electric, a 1977 Les Paul Black Beauty......These threads make me sad....

The old Ibanez Destroyers are very cool.

had a 1981 white Dean V...bought it for 100 bucks...did some minor work and sold it for $1000.

I've sold some great guitars off too...especially my original G&L ASAT Leo Fender signature model and an amazing 1985 Gibson SG...it had some unique stylings and the neck was wide and flat...so sweet.

Dream guitar... not really sure, maybe a 7 with either a maple or ebony fretboard, quilted maple top with a matted blackburst finish (I think that'd look pretty sexy).

Quilted maple is (almost) the only finish I'd ever be happy with... so sexy.

These threads make me sad that I'm only a beginner.

I have a Ibanez SA160QM, red, quilted maple top, mahogany body. For a korean made guitar it's pretty damn sexy. I'd choose it over many of the RG's I've played. The trem is useless though.

Amps -
Little Marshall solid state 10 amp beginner amp.
Behringer V-ampire amp - which is basically a V-amp2 in a combo amp. Enough for me to play with for a bedroom amp.

I need a tube amp. I just can't afford the $ premium on them over here at the moment.

What I want to get -
Ibanez S2170FB or S2170FW
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg...62&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=59
or
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg...61&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=59

If those aren't the sexiest finishes on a guitar, I don't know what is...

A 7 string of some variety. I once saw a RG7620 in the Vampire Kiss colour in a store once, and I've wanted it ever since. I'll get one, one day.

http://www.jemsite.com/ibanez/rg/rg7620.htm

I need a mic of some sort too, a Shure of some variety (probably my next purchase). And I'll probably end up buying a bass of some sort too.

The old Ibanez Destroyers are very cool.

had a 1981 white Dean V...bought it for 100 bucks...did some minor work and sold it for $1000.

I've sold some great guitars off too...especially my original G&L ASAT Leo Fender signature model and an amazing 1985 Gibson SG...it had some unique stylings and the neck was wide and flat...so sweet.

Yeah, I didn't lose any $'s on the vintage stuff, but still, I wish I never had to part with them. You should have done well with that G&L you mentioned....;)

What guitar/amp do you have?

Ibanez s470
Vox ad-30

What guitars/amps do you prefer (brand, shape)?

Ibanez guitars, more towards the RG series.
Haven't tried many amps, but whatever sounds good to me.

What's your dream guitar/amp?

Man.. idk.. maybe the RG20th or maybe one of those new White RG guitar's with that new trem.
Amp would be Carvin V3.

Pretty boring.. I know.

Ibanez RG520QS with stripped finish and oiled. DiMarzio pickups.
Ibanez RG7420
Aria Pro RS Stray Cat modded with EMGs and a Kahler flat mount. My original guitar I bought in 1984 after working a paper route for 11 months!
Washburn piece-together with DiMarzios and a Wilkinson.

Main amp chain is an ADA MP-1 into a TCE G-Major into the power amp of a Crate G212. I've ripped the Crate speakers for Celestions (can't recall the model number off the top of my head while sitting in my Denver hotel room).
At work I play through a Chandler Tube Driver into a DOD multi-FX into a li'l Fender Sidekick 10. Decent sound.