YLE 2006 DVD

The gig is at Nosturi (Finnish for crane) which is a small club in the harbor of Helsinki and it has a killer roof that opens up. Ensiferum recorded their DVD there as well, I was at the gig. I've also seen Korpiklaani, Kiuas and a bunch of other bands. I highly recommend it for anyone who stops by or lives in Helsinki.

As for the channel, Finland doesn't have a music channel because... well, Finns just don't watch a lot of TV. There are 4 basic channels and (I believe) another 4 if you get cable. YLE1 (or 2, not sure exactly what one) always plays gigs on TV. Sonata Arctica, Stam1na, Children of Bodom, Amorphis, etc, etc. Usually all about an hour to two hours long including interviews. But always on late at night.

EDIT: It is YLE TV2 and usually around midnight on keskiviikko (Wednesday).

EDIT 2: Go here for an idea of whats been on lately, and whats coming up: http://www.yle.fi/live/

Heartless_Name said:
HAHA! Your boyfriend paid for something free, that's illegal and on the net, way to be ripped off. AAAAAND

While we're on the subject of this nosturi gig, could anyone post the translation of alexi and roope's convo at the beginning??? Maybe some of our finnish friends could help us out?

Hmm.. yeah. It is now translated in the Inearthed thread.

I listened to that video where alexi was talking in Finnish too but i have no clue what he is saying. He has a nice voice though.

Ok, i'm almost done with translating the kuuden kielen maistereita documentary...I'll post it later in the evening.

Ok, Kuuden kielen maistereita documentary in english below. It's not a direct translation but almost.

-Are there some music taste changes coming?

"Well, not right now i think but i've always played all kind of music because i've been at "ogille" (some music school) and i've had to play really different stuff there for example Jazz. But it's not my thing though but lets see what the situation will be 10 years later."

-Where does your nickname wildchild come from?

"It just comes from my life outside music..."

-Do you have some totally different interests or hobbies that you like to do outside music?

"Not really. Everything i do concerns music somehow. I dont do anything else and i dont even want to because nothing else is interesting. You know i have 3 bands and if there is some situation where i have to choose between them i always choose Bodom because that's the band that i'm the main composer in and so on."

-What do you think you are more, a songwriter or a guitarist?

"a guitarist but a songwriter too because that's what i also do all the time. But i think i consider myself more like a guitarist because i dont think that i'm some sort of "big composer" if you know what i mean?"

*this next bit came some seconds later*

"I try to develope my technique and keep everything as clean as i can. I know my limits and speedlimits and i never try to do something that i'm not cabable of because it just doesn't make any sense. For example there are a lot of guitarists that have good ideas in their heads but the technique is pretty bad you know. But i understand it though. For example when i had been playing guitar for like two or three years i was constantly trying to play everything so fast and the endresult sounded crap due to it. So, i didn't understand then that if i played slower stuff i would sound better. But it's just one phase that everybody goes through at some point."

-What would happen if you had to stop playing?

"a suicide. I just couldn't live without music or playing guitar and that's the truth. Like if my arms were cut off or i got a lot of money or whatever i still couldn't live. Music and playing is the thing that i wanna do and i dont wanna do anything else. And i know that i could never have anything that i like as much as music. So a suicide would be the only option:)"

-How lonely is it to play this much?

"I wouldn't say that i'm a solitary man or anything but if you have that certain will to play you just have to abandon some things. But then again. the more you play the more you get to know your guitar. And when i have the feeling that everything is shit and nothing works out, at least i know that the guitar wont hurt me:) So i've slept with my guitar a few times stroking it under the blanket:D"

-What kind of things have you had to leave behind for playing?

"some social things...Like i've had some days when i would of wanted to go drinking or something like that but i knew that there is some important recording coming so i couldn't go anywhere because i had to practise... Those are just small things but they can piss you off at times though. But after all the work is worth it."

-What does it feel like to know that young kids consider you an influence?

"It feels really irrational because i can consider me a person who takes influences instead of giving them. But on the other hand those praising comments just prove it that all this work wasn't useless. I mean at least i've achieved something and it feels great of course. But like i said i cant comprehend these praising kids though:)"

-What's your biggest dream as a player?

"If we are talking about dreams that will never come true it would be playing in Ozzy Osbourne's band:)"

Heartless_Name said:
This CoB DVD that's to be released soon IS THEIR FIRST AND ONLY DVD.

So you dont know about the Live In St Petersburg gig who is btw pretty rare and on VHS? I know its not "dvd" but this is their first....

wildchild_mk said:
Well I have the luck that my boyfriend gave me the YLE 2006 DVD, and I was so excited! I had never seen CoB alive, and they're great!
I was wondering, have you seen this show? Did you like it?

And of course they must have more DVD's...
yeah. they are dead

Lady_Laiho said:
It's still live footage though.

Do you know how the gig went?

Yeah i know and i wont tell you...

@Warheart it looks pretty mutch like pro shot...but your right i dont think its official...still there first ^^