Yngwie fans (if any).

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
After years and years of collecting Yngwie albums I still don't learn the lesson, so a new one comes our way next year, whatever:

Yngwie Malmsteen's upcoming album is
UNLEASH THE FURY.

Recording Band:
Yngwie Malmsteen - All Guitars
Doogie White - Vocals
Patrik Johansson - Drums
Joakim Svalberg - Keyboards

Official album release details will be announced soon.

I've fallen behind on Yngwie... Facing the Animal was so horrible that I haven't bought any of his cds since. I heard that Attack was okay. Maybe I'll pick this new one up if I see it for the right price.

I have talked to so many people that tell me Facing the Animal was their favorite Y.m. album but I agree I thought it was rather lackluster. Rising FORCE. I AM THE VIKING will always be the best ever.

I dig Odessy & Alchemy, I pick up a record of his from time to time, but they always seem to be mixed bags. The inability to keep a regular singer has really hurt his credibility, as has his choice to not step out of the box that he has confined himself to...

So I'm the only "stupid true" fan around :lol: For reasons unknown to me I still get his albums. Actually "Facing The Animal" was really good IMO compared to "Seventh Sign" and "Magnus Opus".

"Alchemy" was his best since the first three, but "War To End All Wars" is really baaad. "Attack!" is nice but I still believe Doogie White made a much better job on Rainbow "Stranger In Us All".

I guess I will preview this one, but most probably I'll end purchasing it anyway (unless he decides to go mallcore :D )

SickBoy said:
Wyv, you spare me so much typing lately...
I could as well just quote your whole last post! :tickled:
Yeah I noticed that lately we are agreeing disturbingly close in thoughts o_O :D

@ Sixx: anytime, I fall for that one with such expectations and ended banging my head...against the wall
k022.gif

Too bad Yngwie & Jorn Lande couldn't get along well enough to record an album. I thought Jorn did a good job with Yngwie live, although he seemed a little reserved. Yngwie made it known that he was to be the star of the show.