Yngwie Malmsteen has no soul?

Juandemarquez

New Metal Member
Apr 3, 2021
I did a compilation of the most soulful instrumental pieces by Malmsten, in my opinion, to answer that question. What do you think?

Depends on your definition of soul, but I'd say it's at least nearly opposite the genre of soul music. Yngwie is obv very classically-influenced, and his solos tend to have a meticulous, convoluted character. It's music that works more on the head than the body.

Depends on your definition of soul, but I'd say it's at least nearly opposite the genre of soul music. Yngwie is obv very classically-influenced, and his solos tend to have a meticulous, convoluted character. It's music that works more on the head than the body.
Well, I was talking in the sense of expressing feelings. Yngwie has been accused by many of lack of feeling (soul), including people like Phil Anselmo, who said that Dimebag was better guitarist because Yngwie don't have the soul Darrel had in his playing. What do you think about those themes listed in the video I shared? Do you think he can play with huge emotion or not?

I would say his music can have soul at times, but if you ever see him live, the man is all ego. I’d buy more of his albums but would never pay for another live show of his.