YOUR albums of the year (2005)

MadeInNewJersey said:
How are those albums not modern? They came out in 2005, didn't they?

I have a feeling you're only considering "modern" to mean bands that play some futuristic space shit or something.
Modern album = album that doesn´t sound like albums released years ago.

And no, I don´t mix modern and post-podern. However some modern albums are timeless, like for example Nirvana was...of Mayhem´s GDOW.

Fredy_Brown said:
Modern album = album that doesn´t sound like albums released years ago.

And no, I don´t mix modern and post-podern. However some modern albums are timeless, like for example Nirvana was...of Mayhem´s GDOW.

well now at least your ridiculous stance makes sense; if it's in the slightest bit "unoriginal," then it's no good. Awesome. :rolleyes:

MadeInNewJersey said:
well now at least your ridiculous stance makes sense; if it's in the slightest bit "unoriginal," then it's no good. Awesome. :rolleyes:
Yes, exactly, we don´t need album´s clones. Are those album better than classical BM stuff? No. So they aren´t good enough. So they are useless.

And this turns us to my previous statement that 2005 was a weak year for metal.

You haven't agreed with him. Just because an album isn't 100% unique or ground breaking, it won't necessarily make it a weak album.

And yes, in general, they are better than the classical BM stuff, which in turn wasn't as good as the "first" wave of BM stuff.

I get so bored of everyone wanking off to how fucking amazing Darkthrone and early Emperor were. They weren't.

Fredy_Brown said:
Yes, exactly, we don´t need album´s clones. Are those album better than classical BM stuff? No. So they aren´t good enough. So they are useless.

And this turns us to my previous statement that 2005 was a weak year for metal.

They're not fucking clones you daft clown.

Fredy_Brown said:
They are, good examples how you can stand with primitive metal in 2005.

I think you mistake a penchant for simplicity and not involving the incongrous sounds of electronica for being primitive.

Compare your current "avant garde" beaus with Primordial in 5 years time, and see which sounds dated.

My bet is that you will still be able to listen to Primordial.:headbang:

"YOUR albums of the year (2005)?"

2005 was a bit weak imo.... but i choose Grand Belial's Key - Kosherat as the best album of 2005.

Carcassian said:
I think you mistake a penchant for simplicity and not involving the incongrous sounds of electronica for being primitive.
Nono, for example Opeth or Nile don´t use electro elements and have great albums.

Opeth's 2005 album SUCKED shit.

And Nile use plenty of programmed, i.e. electronic, passages to incorporate their love of Egyptian themes. You still haven't shown me (or anyone else) that you know what you're talking about.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Opeth's 2005 album SUCKED shit.

And Nile use plenty of programmed, i.e. electronic, passages to incorporate their love of Egyptian themes. You still haven't shown me (or anyone else) that you know what you're talking about.
Ha those are just samples, not electronic elements at all. Almost everyone use samples in nowadays. Opeth's 2005 album is their worst, bu still better than 80% of you list.

someone slamming current black metal yet praising current opeth and nile is entertaining in its stupidity