YOUR albums of the year (2005)

I though 2005 was definitely a great year for metal. For me, there were probably about 20-25 albums that I felt were really good.

Wow, I'm quite jealous. I dont' think I'll ever be able to afford to buy 20 albums in one year in my entire life. You guys buy a dozen on one trip sometimes and I cry myself to sleep.

Susperia said:
Wow, I'm quite jealous. I dont' think I'll ever be able to afford to buy 20 albums in one year in my entire life. You guys buy a dozen on one trip sometimes and I cry myself to sleep.

Shit, at the end of last year I bought like 85 cd's from Relapse Records all in one shot, over $900 :OMG: . Not all year 2005 cd's, but a standout one that I did get from 2005 was Beheaded's Ominious Bloodline.

Susperia said:

When I first got into metal I purchased about 30 cds within the first year. That was pretty good considering I was still in high-school and without a job. Come to think about it, how did I ever afford them?

VampyrRose said:
When I first got into metal I purchased about 30 cds within the first year. That was pretty good considering I was still in high-school and without a job. Come to think about it, how did I ever afford them?

Well, let's see...high school....no job...um, parents, perhaps?

Perdition's Light said:
Well, let's see...high school....no job...um, parents, perhaps?

No, I actually had saved up a lot of money over the years. My question to myself wasn't exactly meant to be taken quite so literally/seriously.

Perdition's Light said:
oh yeah? well neither was mine! take that, scoundrel!

eh, don't mind me...

Its quite fine with me. Its 1:15am here so I've really got nothing to do but stare at a computer screen and listen to music.

it's 3:00 AM here and I am on DXM (and yes, i was using this stuff well before i knew who Velvet Cacoon were) and listening to "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" and "My Journey to The Stars" on repeat.

I am also reading up on the impending apocalypse (i.e. rapture) on different newsgroups and all of the various crazed sects. This almost seems like a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy (the apocalypse, that is).

Perdition's Light said:
it's 3:00 AM here and I am on DXM (and yes, i was using this stuff well before i knew who Velvet Cacoon were) and listening to "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" and "My Journey to The Stars" on repeat.

I am also reading up on the impending apocalypse (i.e. rapture) on different newsgroups and all of the various crazed sects. This almost seems like a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy (the apocalypse, that is).

Burzum is fantastic. Ever heard of Kammarheit? Dark ambient with great a atmosphere - very cold, desolate and dark.

And as for listening to music on repeat...yeah, I do that too without ever changing the song even though it really gets annoying after a while.

MadeInNewJersey said:
it was a fantastic year, unless you were expecting Opeth, Arch Enemy & Dark Tranquillity to carry the year. We've already established that your taste pretty much sucks though
I can find much better metal albums in prewious years, so not for me.
It also depends of how sub-genre of metal do you listen to, I prefer Electro/Industrial of Avan-garde/symphonic. Currently I dig some Doom metal, so I think I will find some interesting CD´s from 2005.

Erik said:
hey guys i'm doing drugs keke

if i have nothing better to do than lurk and post on a message board @ 3 AM while on druqkz, i might as well let it be known

plus i like drugs ok

MadeInNewJersey said:
that makes pretty much no sense at all, and only serves to further support my claim that you're clueless about any "modern" metal
No? Enlighten me than....which are good modern metal bands? And their good releases in 05?

Fredy_Brown said:
No? Enlighten me than....which are good modern metal bands? And their good releases in 05?

I've pretty much been quite vocal about the bands & albums from '05 that I thought were good-and-better quality. You want to see them again, use the search function.