Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung
Reverend Bizarre - II: Crush the Insects
Malasangre- Inversus
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Thee Plague of Gentlemen - Primula Pestis
or something.

VampyrRose said:
3. Rammstein - Rosenrot (9.5 /10)
Oooo??? Sorry but one of the biggest dissapointemens in the year....wait, I expected a crap, not dissapoitemnet then.
You are so such hard dying fun or what that you like it?

Fredy_Brown said:
Oooo??? Sorry but one of the biggest dissapointemens in the year....wait, I expected a crap, not dissapoitemnet then.
You are so such hard dying fun or what that you like it?

I'm having trouble understanding your post. Are you asking me if I liked the album? Yes, I think it is great.

However, I think the biggest disappointment here is your attempts at spelling the word "disappointment," in which you failed to do so twice! Not to mention your pathetic attempt to form a proper sentence that makes any kind of sense.

I honestly don't understand why Rammstein is on album of the year lists. Rosenrot is even more boring and formulaic than their past albums.

I couldn't even listen to the entirety of every song on Rosenrot. At least their previous efforts were tolerable.

While I am at it, the new Opeth belongs nowhere near any lists involving album of the year.

I guess my favorite albums this year would look something like

Crimson Massacre - the Luster of pandemonium
Nokturnal Mortum - Weltanschauung
Averse Sefira - Tetragrammatical Astygmata

and I'll give Arcturus, Deathspell Omega, Municipal waste, Nile, mention too I suppose. There's a few albums worth owning, a few I overlooked and a lot more that are worthy of ridicule.

It all comes down to people's opinions and taste in music. For example, there is a fair bit of variation reflected in my top 5. I was certainly not aiming at that, it just so happened to coincide this way.

As I mentioned earlier, Kammarheit's "The Starwheel" is my pick for album of the year, and that is a dark ambient release. Second to that is Naglfar's "Pariah," an album full of aggression and hatred. Followed by Rammstein (industrial), Opeth (progressive), and Belphegor (death).

Not to mention a lot of what people are listing happens to be a direct (obvious) result of what they were able to obtain. I have listened to over 40 albums (either downloaded or purchased) and made a list reflecting the albums that I personally enjoyed most. It is simply my opinon and I could care less what the majority of people think. My list is certainly not composed of albums that I feel others will praise for its grandeur.

Nokturnal Mortum's "Weltanschauung" is actually one of the albums that I have really looked forward to but unfortunately haven't found a download for it, nor have I been able to find a copy of the actual CD.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Sorry E, I wasn't insinuating that you enjoyed his sucking of your cock :tickled:

He clearly looks to you for approval & acceptance though.
Yes that's why I like ICE and hate Deathspell Omega and Darkthrone.

Fredy_Brown said:
NIN - With Teeth

Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor
Team Sleep - Team Sleep
Ulver - Blood Inside
System of A Down - Mezmerize
Audioslave - Out Of Exile
Arcturus - Sideshow Symphonies
Hocico - Wrack And Ruin
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
Saul Williams - Saul Williams
Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Ephel Duath - Pain Necessary To Know
Korn - See You On The Other Side
Green Carnation - The Quiet Offspring
Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel

You don't really listen to metal at all do you?

My list:
Reverend Horton Heat - Best Of
Hate Eternal - I, Monarch
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
All of the Athiest reissues

Originally Posted by The Grimace
BE A FUCKING INDIVIDUAL!! LISTEN TO WHAT YOU LIKE!! BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP LISTENING TO CHILDREN OF BODOM!!

CoB is fricking awesome
speaking of whom are you dead yet was an excellent album. more heavy handed but still very intricate and melodic
and mafia by BLS was awesome too

Mourning Beloveth - A Murderous Circus
Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness
Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh
Coram Lethe - The Gates of Oblivion
Infernal War - Terrorfront
Naer Mataron - Discipline Manifesto
Kawir - Arai
Belphegor - Goatreich Fleshcult
Lost Soul - Chaostream
Negator - Die Eiserne Verse

1. Deathspell Omega - Kenose