Your best G.A.S. purchases

546148_503674256329425_1544545092_n.jpg

DW bronze 14x6.5" snare. basically a poor man's tama bell brass.

sounds HUGE. records amazingly.

I added cast hoops and 40 strand snare wires to make it super sensitive and focused :D

also my EVH 50w 5150iii and Mesa OS cab are huge purchases of mine

I just noticed this post is in the wrong section. Could anyone please move it into backline? Thanks!

Definitely my Kemper. Before that it was my Triple Recto and my Macbook Pro Retina.

Let's see, quite a few changes in the past year. Things that have endured the test of time:

Kemper
Wampler Tape Delay w/ Tap Tempo
Pigtronix Fat Drive OD
AMT Japanese Girl Wah

I just did a trade for a Mesa Racktifier, and really loving the tone I'm getting from it. Hopefully it'll hold its own in the band setting.

All time best backup rig: AMT P1 + EHX Magnum44. Can carry it in your pocket, it's loud, cheap and sounds good.

The Kemper profiling amp cured most of my amp GAS and also the effects GAS with the newly released intelligent pitch shifter/transpose firmware update.
It's the most impressive piece of gear invention I've experienced in a very long time and it will change a lot of things for me.

Wheatstone SP6 large format console with Jensen transformer inputs, penny and jiles faders, sifam meters, and basic automation. $150 on craigslist. Took a gamble hoping to just use it for looks and a client getter...turns out it was pretty much new and just needed some cleaning. MSRP? $32,000

69844_10152663422550055_1215464036_n.jpg

was about to post the 6505+, when I saw I allready did that when the thread started :lol:

Might be worth to add the Mesa OS too though.

Hardware:
Avid HD Native + HD OMNI w/ PT 10 HD
Blue Microphones Spark
Charvel Desolation DC2-ST (Transparent Black)
Equator Audio Research D5
Kemper Profiling Amplifier
TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack

Software:
Kush Audio UBK-1
Native Instruments Premium Tube Series
Native Instruments Virtual Compressors
Slate Digital Virtual Console Collection
Slate Digital Virtual Tape Machines
Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Platinum
Toontrack EZX Nashville
Toontrack EZX Metal Machine
Toontrack EZX The Classics
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0

Great thread.
Missed it first time around.
My best purchase is without doubt my Zed-R16.
Beyer M201 is in second place.
Sounds great on everything, especially guitar amp, snare, vocals.

I'm not sure what i would consider to be the single "best" purchase i've ever made, but i have a few things that come to mind that have made a big impact.

Acoustic Treatment - Not the most exciting thing but definitely something that made a huge difference in my setup.
Dynaudio BM5a - Great monitors and another purchase that enhanced my audio setup. I think the best part of it is i got them for under 400$ for the pair :heh:
Mesa Mark IV - Bought this used out of pure impulse/GAS years ago but it's still my favorite amp today.
Royer 121 - Also an impulse buy but was well worth it. I use this all the time on guitars.
JDK R22 - My first outboard compressor, amazing on drums. I've used it on every project I've done since i got it.