Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Just ordered a Fishman Fluence Classic Set from Amazon. They sold the brushed stainless version for less than half of the normal price (152 instead of 320 EUR) - I guess because it's not the most popular color option. Well, I would have preferred black or nickel, too. But for THAT price I really just couldn't resist. What a savings! ;-)
Really curious how my PRS sounds with these. Currently I have Seymour Duncans (Custom Trembucker with A8 and 59 with rcA4) installed.

Last edited:
full

ns10m studio+bryston 4B.

Last edited:
Mini-Jubilee 11-7-2017.JPG
I've been wanting another Marshall for a long time...I had a Ceriatone Chupacabra (which is an absolute killer amp) & a Marshall DSL-1H that I had to sell a couple years ago because I was in a very hard spot, plus I also had a Marshall DSL100H that was just too much amp for me here that I sold to fund other gear...I'd been looking at the Ceriatone 2202, which is a 20w JCM800 clone with 6V6 power tubes, & was about to pull the trigger, then a friend told me about a guy he knew with this for sale...It ticked all the boxes I was looking for, it's a Marshall, EL34 power tubes in a low-watt amp...

I went to try it out & was floored, it's got that Marshall grind at a somewhat lower volume (compared to the 50/100 watters), which was what I'd been looking for...Now I will say I'd never played through a Jubilee in my life, I remember seeing 'em in the music shops when I was a teenager during the 80's, but never tried one...It's really thick & mid heavy with more gain than a normal Marshall...When I got to try it out, I instantly knew I wanted this...

I kinda knew what to expect from the lead channel, but the clean & crunch sounds took me by surprise...Using the rhythm clip knob, this amp can get some vintage-y crunchy tones that are very AC-DC like...The clean is really good too, much better than I expected...

I never saw this deal coming & I got this thing for $700 cash!!! The guy had only had it for about 3 months, it came with the original box, paperwork, everything...The footswitch had never been taken out of the box & still had the cable tie with plastic on it...Basically a brand new $1300 for about half price....:D

It's still a loud amp, a 20w tube amp is loud, but using it with my home-made ISO cab, I can fully dime it & still have a conversation over it in the same room...

ISO cab.jpg
ISO cab inside.jpg
The EVH LBX I have is a good little amp, but it really doesn't do a clean tone, & the EL84's kinda fart out when it's pushed hard, which I don't really care for...So now I have a great addition to my little arsenal...

Not so much G.A.S. but a bucket list acquisition, I was able to finally snag an early 5150 Block Letter.
Still looking for that one JCM800 and SLO-100 to happen.

I picked this up back in 2015. It was my first custom you could say and has since gotten me back into serious guitar buying. Oh and playing (ha).

A ferocious series of GAS related purchases followed particularly in 2017 and 2018 with possibilities of continuance into 2019. I did manage to sell a few things here and there though.

Also I picked up beginning in 2015 ezDrummer, scarlett interface 2i4, axe fxii y'know the usuals and in no small thanx to forums like this. Of course its boring to post that stuff up and figured the BK would be way more interesting. And finally I'm recording originals a bit but need to seriously get back on that harder.

Attachments

• DSCN1909.JPG
    DSCN1909.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited: