Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Blind (deaf) purchase. Got a good deal on this. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint... I am anxiously waiting for it.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
About that Tremoverb.....is the main difference between a regular Recto the fact that it has tremolo and reverb, I assume?

Also just saw Mesa released the Triple Crown which they claim may be the highest gain amp they've ever released. Not even sure how anyone could use more gain than a Mark or Recto.....

The clips I heard sounded pretty damn good, I'll admit. Mesa's older demo vids always sounded like crap to me.

A couple of new additions over Christmas.
First up, a pair of Beyer MC930 to upgrade from my ATM450 pair.
These are for drum overheads and anything I want to mic stereo.
I have used them so far on drum overheads, acoustic guitar and cello.
They are superb. No corrective EQ needed at all.

Screenshot%202017-01-04%2000.05.31.png

Then I practically stole a pair of Klein and Hummel P110 monitors for €300 with a Samson power amp.
These monitors were the original version of the new Neumann KH120s.
They don't have amazing low end but the mids and highs are incredibly detailed. They are flat from 60Hz to 20KHz. My Focal twins have fantastic lows and low mids so between these 2 I am really happy.
I revisited a recent mix and immediately spotted a couple of problems in the mids and did a fresh balance.
Checked at home with HD600s and the revised mix is better than the original. Clearer and better balance between guitars, snare and vocals.

Screenshot%202017-01-04%2000.03.52.png

Interested in feedback about Pro-R!
I also will soon be in the market for a portable recording rig and will be looking for a small 1-2 channels interface so I might be interested in how well yours does!

didn't have the chance to try out the reverb intensely but it seems to hold up to the known fabfilter quality and ease of use.

the ADI-2 PRO is insane, i was hoping for this wow effect when i switched from the RME AIO and indeed the difference is
very clear. overall clarity has drastically improved, the "space" is inane as well, hard to describe, it's like going from 2D to 3D,
if this makes any sense.

Reactions: Korwent
Just bought a Mesa Dual Rectifier for £800 which is reasonably cheap over here. It's a three channel model from 2005. Should be here by the weekend.