Your latest G.A.S. purchases

AC30C2-large.jpg

As some of you guys will know, I'm a bit of a headphone addict.
Latest purchase is Sennheiser IE80.
I love them. Like portable HD600s.
I'm finding it hard to believe this sound is coming from in ears. Really amazing.

41N47%2B9s9oL._SY300_.jpg

Ibanez AT10p Andy Timmons Signature guitar! I've been gassing for a Strat for a long time and I love Andy Timmons and Ibanez so I decided to go with it. I do want to try an Fender American Standard because it's the same price. If I like it better, I'll exchange it for that but so far I'm really liking the Ibanez

Attachments

• AT10P Guitar.jpg
    AT10P Guitar.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 8
Dragonfly Black 1.5 DAC/Headphone amp.
For when I Want to listen to high quality at home or on Ipad or Iphone and couldn't be bothered setting up the Apogee One.
Sounds killer. As good as the Apogee One and even drives my HD650s really well.
The difference between this and the headphone output on my macbook is gigantic.
Superb little device. Probably sounds better than most audio interfaces too :)
41MpH5K%2BMzL._SX300_.jpg

I just had some more time away from writing/recording music because my regular job and outdoor life keeps getting in the way. I thought I'd take a step in a different direction and try to do something more mellow, as opposed to just death metal over and over again. As a result, I just bought my first ever acoustic guitar (if you don't count the 3/4 size nylon string I learned to play guitar on).

http://www.coleclarkguitars.com/portfolio-item/fl2ec-blbl/

Got an old M-audio SBX sub. Always wanted to try a sub-woofer but I always was afraid it would do more harm than good so when I found this super cheap used SBX, I thought at least I won't loose too much money if it doesn't work for me. I ended up using a separate channel and filtering my monitors and the Sub with RME Totalmix FX cause the built-in filters aren't good enough for my taste and I don't want my mains going through a shitty circuit.
Well the result is quite good actually with the Sub dealing only with stuff bellow 45 Hz and a it's lot more useful than I thought. I just need to order an additional Isoacoustics stand to prevent some resonances and it will be great.

00157_m-audio_studiophile-sbx_120w_subwoofer_img_01.jpg

Also got this piece of crap:

death_metal_front_original.jpg

Fun but not recording worthy imo.

TC Electronic Mimiq pedal. I'm really liking it! I'm really liking TC Electronic's product line. Thinking about getting a Dreamscape as well.

Mimiq here too but more as tone blender than an actual double tracking simulator.

I don't think it work well to replace double tracking. You tend to hear a slight delay on the right that trick the brain to locate the sound on the left (precedence effect) and sometimes the stereo image shift toward the center randomly.

Howerver, if you do an actual double tracking and use the fake double on the same side as the original this is the closest you can get to quad tracking without the annoyance of actual quad tracking.

It's also great to avoid weird phase issues when blending two amps with the same signal.

14573010_1286919311352244_5476159242840935388_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mimiq here too but more as tone blender than an actual double tracking simulator.

I don't think it work well to replace double tracking. You tend to hear a slight delay on the right that trick the brain to locate the sound on the left (precedence effect) and sometimes the stereo image shift toward the center randomly.

Howerver, if you do an actual double tracking and use the fake double on the same side as the original this is the closest you can get to quad tracking without the annoyance of actual quad tracking.

It's also great to avoid weird phase issues when blending two amps with the same signal.

View attachment 7541

yeah that's another reason I really like it - to blend amps together without the phase issue. I also like it for doing quick demos for writing songs.