Show us your studio 2010 [room / racks / backline] - no setup to small !!!

Haha, it looks good though :lol:
It's a shame all bigger desks either look like shit, are super expensive or fuck with the acoustics at the listening position.
Don't know if they'll ship to other countries, but I recently purchased a desk from this company: http://proaudiogear.de/product_info.php?products_id=518
(http://wavenature.de/index.asp?site=Furniture company's website)
The final catalogue and prices aren't out yet but should be very soon. Hope you can read german ;)

Those desks look really nice, but they're still a bit steep :/ I'm hoping to go the DIY route to save some bucks on that. Just have to take care of some more crucial purchases first :)

Jarkko - the new setup looks really clean and ergonomic man! I like.

Cheers! :) I love not feeling so cramped anymore.

Indeed, so pristine! I love the picture/painting/drawing over your desk too

It's Derek Hess' Cancer of the Soul. He's an absolutely awesome artist, check out his work here: http://derekhess.com/

Some pics of my control room!

CIMG6147.JPG

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/4625977/1/Studio?h=c05cea

Looks really cool, morpheus! How do you like the Focals?

great midrange and very smooth HF driver. while the bass is OK I still want to add a subwoofer for extended LF response. and my room is really tuned now so it's not a room issue. what I need is just more focus when dialing in and ballancing the low-lows ;)

I am just about to pick up my new SSL alpha link setup - I am curious weather there will be an improvement in that region compared to the audiofire 12s I am using now.

great midrange and very smooth HF driver. while the bass is OK I still want to add a subwoofer for extended LF response. and my room is really tuned now so it's not a room issue. what I need is just more focus when dialing in and ballancing the low-lows ;)

I am just about to pick up my new SSL alpha link setup - I am curious weather there will be an improvement in that region compared to the audiofire 12s I am using now.

Hmm, not exactly what I wanted to hear. If you don't mind, let me know if there's much of a difference when you get your hands on the Alphalink :)

Hmm, not exactly what I wanted to hear. If you don't mind, let me know if there's much of a difference when you get your hands on the Alphalink :)

:) it's not like there is no bass coming from the focals. it goes really low and you can hear everything nice and clear. but I still feel that mainly for mastering purposes you need the sub for that important low/low-mid balance.

is it possible to do a killer mix on them ? definitely. but little goes a long way and that +/- 1db in the end can make a huuuge difference. another thing I forgot to say about them is the imaging. it's brutal. when I first set up the speakers (had a pair od adam p11 before) the first thing I have noticed is the huuuge width and depth of the soundfield.

if you can - go someplace and hear them in action. monitoring is a very personal choice.

:) it's not like there is no bass coming from the focals. it goes really low and you can hear everything nice and clear. but I still feel that mainly for mastering purposes you need the sub for that important low/low-mid balance.

is it possible to do a killer mix on them ? definitely. but little goes a long way and that +/- 1db in the end can make a huuuge difference. another thing I forgot to say about them is the imaging. it's brutal. when I first set up the speakers (had a pair od adam p11 before) the first thing I have noticed is the huuuge width and depth of the soundfield.

if you can - go someplace and hear them in action. monitoring is a very personal choice.

Allrighty, good to know. Yeah, I'm planning to get a pair of Twins, Opal's and 8050's to try for a few days when the time for the investment comes. I've only worked with the 8050's out of those three, and while they are excellent and very honest monitors, somehow I feel like there could a better alternative for my personal taste.

I'm so jealous of all the space some of you just have, it's killing me... :( I'm mixing in a 12 meters square room with way too many things in there... I totally need to get curtains to hide those Ikea pax wardrobes before I can post anything...

I'm so jealous of all the space some of you just have, it's killing me... :( I'm mixing in a 12 meters square room with way too many things in there... I totally need to get curtains to hide those Ikea pax wardrobes before I can post anything...

my previous control room was 2,4x3,5 meters ... the D&R is 2 meters wide.
so you can imagine what it looked like :( not to mention how it sounded ....

That's comforting, as I'm probably moving into a 12 square meter room in February. I've spent the whole day with Sketchup trying to figure out how I'm going to treat the room. And yes, there will some brutal curtain madness to hide wardrobes :lol: