Show us your studio 2010 [room / racks / backline] - no setup to small !!!

@ Yannick, that new drum space is orgasmic!!!!!!!! It looks incredible.
@ Loki Laufeyiarson, that harp is awesome! Beautiful instrument..

I hope to add my studio to this thread very soon, you can keep track of the build here:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/594814-my-studio-build-hopefully-weekly-update.html

This is what the live room should end up looking like:
samuelstudios-081010-7.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-8.jpg

samuelstudios-081010-9.jpg

That place looks like it could turn out really good.

Something up with the Mesa logo on the cabs though
cop.gif

DSC01150.JPG

DSC01144.JPG

DSC01148.JPG

DSC01146.JPG

Its just my hobby....clearly. Next purchase will be monitors, currently using those headphones & my stereo in the living room

Hey man, just wondering what kinda DIs you're getting outta the Fast Track Pro? Got any clips?

Not yet, only got it on friday. I've been reamping other DI's to set up my mic. I'll see if I can get a clip up sometime next week, I'll have to buy some new guitar strings.

I started my studio build 18 months ago - it was a fresh build from the ground up - 120m2, control room, live room, lounge, kitchen, showers & toilets + accomodation for 4 persons.

My control room is finally 99% done :) just need to install the last couple of woodden trims. The interiour is pretty much done except the kitchen and my live room needs to nail the acoustics .... I hope we will be able to do the rest of the work by the end of this year ..

CIMG4150%20%28Large%29.JPG

CIMG4151%20%28Large%29.JPG

CIMG4153%20%28Large%29.JPG

Nice. Liked the two last studios very much.
Morpheusmultimedia: Your studio has an amazing vibe, even though it's pretty dark.
You should pay someone for professional pictures and everybody is going to jizz their pants.

Jarrko, your desk + siderack thing is a good idea. Cheap, good loking and plenty of 19" room.
Personally I just felt like I needed more space on the desk itself. I always had very wide desks, so I couldn't do with a small one.

Jarrko, your desk + siderack thing is a good idea. Cheap, good loking and plenty of 19" room.
Personally I just felt like I needed more space on the desk itself. I always had very wide desks, so I couldn't do with a small one.

Well, when I moved here, I needed some sort of desk and a couple of rack spaces fast, so I got the StudioRTA Mixing Station and regretted that purchase from the moment I put it together :p Eventually I had to rip off the rack from it due to neck pain and build a separate rack. I'm replacing the whole thing with a bigger desk soon, hopefully.

Well, when I moved here, I needed some sort of desk and a couple of rack spaces fast, so I got the StudioRTA Mixing Station and regretted that purchase from the moment I put it together :p Eventually I had to rip off the rack from it due to neck pain and build a separate rack. I'm replacing the whole thing with a bigger desk soon, hopefully.
Haha, it looks good though :lol:
It's a shame all bigger desks either look like shit, are super expensive or fuck with the acoustics at the listening position.
Don't know if they'll ship to other countries, but I recently purchased a desk from this company: http://proaudiogear.de/product_info.php?products_id=518
(http://wavenature.de/index.asp?site=Furniture company's website)
The final catalogue and prices aren't out yet but should be very soon. Hope you can read german ;)

Morpheusmultimedia: Your studio has an amazing vibe, even though it's pretty dark.
You should pay someone for professional pictures and everybody is going to jizz their pants.

Thank you very much :Spin:I have a photo session scheduled ahead, we are still making some last finishing touch ups. I have a new website prepared it just needs new photos :) Still my live room is completely unfinished ... lots and lots of work on acoustics there. And regarding the darkness - I have 3 lightbulbs blown at the moment :) I did not change them becauase were are swapping out all the halogen bulbs for LED lights.

Looks like you spend an awful lot of money. Care to post a rough figure on how much you shelled out?

Sorry it's not a good thing to discuss finances on the web. All I can tell you is that was not "that" much. Labour is pretty cheap in slovakia and the studio is located in a nice small village so the price for the whole property was stupidly low. What was expensive was the sound proofing stuff - floor isolators, ceiling hangers, the laminated glass and the 53 and 56 decibel steel doors. The HVAC was quite expensive as well.

But in the long term - building this is much more profitable then renting out a similar space.