Your chance to ask the questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico

Onward!
Oct 21, 2003
War for Territory
Right, I'm putting together questions for an interview with Opeth for my 'zine. I thought I'd let you guys come up with some questions, since you're the one's who obviously want to know so much.

So far I've covered:

Per's involvement
Music for Nations closing down/new label
Steve Wilsons involvement in the next album
The next album

Plus a bunch of other questions that arent realy of extreme importance. If there's anything you wanna ask (I'm assuming it'll be Mike I'll be interviewing) something, post it here.

Are you going to cut your hair?

and

Do you think Alice in Chains were the best band of the early to mid 1990's?

Seriously though, ask him about the background vocals to the funeral portrait (about 7 mins in). I can't make out the lyrics it it's been bugging me for a while now.
Yeah!

Probably too early to ask this question but when can we expect another tour and will they hit the New York area again?? :D

Are they booking the studio before or after the whole album has been written??? And what's the involvement (in writing) of the other guys this time??

(serious questions..)

1) Ask him to give you a timeline of everything he's done that day so far (what time he woke up, what he watched on tv, what he ate for breakfast....)

2) Ask him about Guy Frober

3) Ask him about this board, and if only reads it once every 3-4 months? or does he check it out more often and just not reply? Does Anna bring up any threads to him in day to day life? (I'm guessing no)

4) If he could choose to listen to 1 album right before/while he died, what would it be?

5) What are his favorite movies?

Ask them about touring prospects after the release of the new album. Are they prepared to put themselves through hell again and go on another world tour?

Have the guys been enjoying their spare time?

Been at any new videogames during the spare time?

And a more general question that's bothered me for a while... if you speak to Mike, ask him how exactly he 'writes' music. Does he normally just sit there with the guitar playing random things until an idea comes about... does he focus on writing a chord progression first... a melody that's been in his head perhaps. I'd like to know how the average Opeth riff and melody come about.

Do they still remember the dickheads from the Melbourne gigs with the 'I hate hip-hop sign' and tendancy to yell random shit at the band :p (no offense Per, I know your real name isn't Synth Killar).

Well ask what the new album's going to be like and If he has written anything yet..obviously.

2. What he's been listening to recently.
3. Have they been rehearsing? Or is it another Mikael writes all jobby?
4. Will we see a return of Dual Melody/Folky acousticy bits ala Morningrise/Orchid on the new album at all?
5. Vocals = Death or Black?
6. Information about record deal and such.
7. Tell him to come to England.
8. What he thinks of new bloodbath album

• What was your earliest childhood memory?
  • What kind of car do you drive?
  • What is your greatest weakness?
  • What is your favorite horror movie?
  • Have you ever broken a string on tour, in the middle of a song? What did you do?

1. Jimi Hendrix did his famous version of "Star Spangled Banner" at Woodstock. Has Mikael ever considered doing the same thing to the Swedish national anthem, "Du Gamla Du Fria"?

2. Does he think that Karolina Kluft (Swedish gold medal winning heptathlete) is hot?

3. Where was Mikael when Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme was assassinated?

4. Which ice hockey team does he support?

5. Surströmming or sill?

When are you going to do this interview?

Anyhow,

1) What is your opinion on Daniel Gildenlöw?

2) Do they/you consider yourself an emotional player(s)?

3) Why do you like Dream Theater?

4) What's your fav. Porcupine Tree Song?

5) What is your favorite Opeth song, LYRICALLY?

zeroMaximum said:
CaptainQuark, Ultima Thule already did Du Gamla Du Fria... and it sucks major ass :| I can't really see that being even remotely amusing. sorry :)

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a whirl. It wasn't intended to be amusing – there's nothing wrong with the tune itself, and giving it the Opeth treatment could well turn it into something that doesn't suck ass!

why have they become so commercial?

and....could he hold his own in a fight with peter forsberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.