Your chance to ask the questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
zeroMaximum said:
CaptainQuark, Ultima Thule already did Du Gamla Du Fria... and it sucks major ass :| I can't really see that being even remotely amusing. sorry :)

Yo zeroMax – you were wrong! Checked out the Ultima Thule version of Du Gamla Du Fria and it DIDN'T suck major ass :yuk: it was MUCH FUCKING WORSE! :puke:

Now I gotta reformat my the hard disk on my Mac – just to get the taste of that UTTER FUCKIN' CRAPPY PIECE OF SHIT off my iTunes setup! :puke:

Remind me to take your advice in future, Dood! :worship:

;)

1. Will there be any gigs in Denmark in the near future?
2. How the record deals going?
3. What kind of hair product do you use....And is Opeth endorsed by any hair product company?
4. Do you agree that Denmark should have won the Euro cup in 2004 ;)
5. Will there be any gigs in Denmark in the near future?

Bloody hell... so many suggestions, only a few good questions. Cheers to AbsentFriend, RjBeals, Rejvk, Moonlapse and AWMM for good questions. I'm not going to get into personal details or anything because that sort of information isnt terribly important to most people... just the members here. So if you don't mind, I'll skip the "favorite colours/hockey teams/soccer teams/underwear" questions, or any opinionated questions for that matter. Just looking for some hard facts... and marshmellows.

No go Dorian. You know how it is. Anyway, the questions are complete, as such, I obviously couldnt put in everyones questions, but I think I covered most of the important stuff. The more off-topic/opinionated/personal stuff was all marked as being a question from a member of this board. Actualy, I'll post all the interview questions to make sure everyone is happy before I send it off to info@opeth.com

G’day Mikael, how have things been for you lately?

Recently your label “Music for Nations” closed down, leaving Opeth stranded. How has the search for a new label been, and any ideas who are the most likely contenders to sign with?

Last year Damnation was released, an obvious change of style from more aggressive metal to pure melodious rock. I’m aware that this is something of a one-off, and that is wasn’t an overall change of style for the band. With this in mind, what did you expect to achieve from this album, and how has the response been?

The live DVD “Lamentations: Live at Shepherd’s Bush Empire” was released this year with a live show including both a non-metal set, and a regular metal set. Why did you choose to play the Damnation album in its entirety live?

The DVD also includes a lengthy documentary on the recordings of your last two albums, Deliverance and Damnation. It seems that your producer Steven Wilson played a strong part in those recording sessions, in both creation and production. Will he be contributing as strongly in the next album, or will his role be downplayed?

As was seen in the documentary, you entered the studio before a lot of the material was written. This seemed to cause quite a bit of frustration as you had to somewhat cram the writing process into a smaller timeframe. For the recording of the next album, will you be booking the studio before all the entire album is written, or will you finalise everything beforehand?

During your Damnation and Lamentation tours, you hired keyboardist Per Wiberg of Spiritual Beggars to play live keys. I’m quite eager to know; will he become a full time member of Opeth, or just remain a live contributor?

I’ve heard you’ve been having a few ideas for the next album. An epic, occultist, darker album was on your mind last I heard. There was also some mention of Celtic Frost influence, as well as Gregorian Chanting. Have any of these ideas solidified in your song writing yet? How much has been written so far, and in what direction?

Will any of the other members of Opeth be contributing to the material on the new album, or will you be writing all the songs yourself? Have you been rehearsing any new songs with the rest of the band?

Opeth’s earlier albums contained a lot of dual melodies and acoustic folk parts; something which seems to have been left out on more recent albums. Will these be making a comeback in the next album, or will progression leave this style behind?

Your website’s news section says “Keep your eyes open for Michail Korge”. Who is Mchail Korge?

Will Opeth be doing another world tour in support of the next album? Will you be returning to Australia?

The Ultimate Metal hosted Opeth message hosts a barrage of Opeth fans from all over the world. I’ve notice you post there a few times so it’s apparent that you enjoy visiting the place yourself. There are a few members of the board who had a few questions for you, if you don’t mind:

Moonlapse would like to know: How exactly do you 'write' music? Do you normally just sit there with the guitar playing random things until an idea comes about... do you focus on writing a chord progression first... a melody that's been in your head perhaps. I'd like to know how the average Opeth riff and melody come about.

AWMM would like to know: In an interview before the release of Still Life, there was mention of a song being written titled “The Willow Tree”. Was this song scrapped, or renamed? If it was renamed, which song did it become known as?

AWMM would like to know: Will there be any further happenings with Sorskogen? Will the track “Mordet i Grottan ever wind up as a bonus track on any upcoming releases?

Longinus would like to know: What is your favorite Opeth song, lyrically?

Rejvk would like to know: What have you been listening to lately?

Thanks very much for your time Mikael, I hope to see you with Opeth down under some time in 2005. I hope all goes well for you and the band in future.

Ask whether the next album is still planned to be a concept album.

And also, ask if he would ever consider doing something with Devin Townsend(as Dev has expressed interest I believe), and what he thinks of Devin Townsends music?

Does he feel the fans who scream for dotf for 90 minutes are holding the band back in anyway, artistically or comercially?

What was it like guesting on a Stven Wilson project opposed to the other way around?

Will Peter have any envolvement in the writing process, like on the first two records?

Will he host a tv show called Mike's corner where he explains his record collection?(By the look of it this could take 10 years)

IF he is willing to talk about it, I would like to know if Martin López continues to do well after his difficulties (as mentioned on Opeth.com) during the last tour.

Obviously if this would make anybody uncomfortable you do not need to bring this question up. I mean it in a respectful fashion (I personally thought it was a brave move on the part of all of them to be open about what happened and deal with it maturely, unlike SOME bands would do), and I leave it to you to rephrase the question if necessary.

Shroud- Something like this maybe?

"Though it's a know fact that you don't wish to revisit the Morningrise sound, is there any possibility of revisiting the acoustic/folkish combo presented in softer moments of Morningrise? If you ever wanted to make another mellow album it would be a cool way to go. Or even incorporated into a heavier album the folky sound would be great."

Oh n/m Shroud I see you've already put the question in for the most part :p

I guess we both love Opeth's acoustic/folk work :cool: Can't wait for Mikael's answer on that one!

Very much agreed Elek. Well, the interview shall be sent as-is... cheers for the additional questions, I'll be sure you let you all know the outcome the minute it gets back to me.

ShroudOfDusk said:
Will Opeth be doing another world tour in support of the next album? Will you be returning to Australia?

This is basically the question I offered but why did you pick Australia??? Three people mentioned New York :p

Great job by the way.

^ haha, yes. And most of all... SO AM I!!!! weeeeeeee.

Before Mike replies anyhow, I think the answer will be 'yeah' because everyone that comes here enjoys the place immensely, and when I spoke to Lopez after the gig he told me he really liked the place/weather and all that (minus the cops).

Status
Not open for further replies.