Your Connection With Theocracy

Should we even ask about Val, Jared, or Jonathan? :p

(In other words, please entertain us with more sarcastic/fictitious/hyperbolic situations that didn't happen but are still humorous ;) )

Well, I met Val when he helped break me out a mental ward. Afterwards we traveled down to Mississippi where we met the devil at the crossroads. Val played against Steve Vai in a guitar duel. And lost. :yell:

it was back in 05 or 06, I was in high school then, and really getting into prog metal and power metal at the time with a few of my friends (we were listening to stuff like Symphony X, Rhapsody (of Fire, but before they had to change their name), Avantasia,
Dream Theater and Sonata Arcitca, with a dash of Dragonforce from before they were popular). I wondered why i hadn't found any Christian metal bands that played melodic metal / prog metal/ powermetal, so i did a search on Myspace and found Theocracy. The samples they had on their MySpace was exactly what i was looking for. At the time they only had their eponymous first album out, which i ended up downloading somewhere, because i was so hungry to get a hold of some Christian metal (and i didn't have a job or credit card at the time). I've since legitimately purchased 4 copies of Mirror of Souls (including one imported version with the bonus track), 1 for myself and gave away 3 to my friends (including the import one with Wages of Sin on it). I'd love it if the band did a re-recording of the first album or a remaster of that first album, because those tunes really helped me through some tough times.

I remember listening to On Eagles' Wings from their Myspace page on repeat, including the early unmastered version of it that they had for download from their MySpace page back then. When i joined the Army, I listened to On Eagles Wings on repeat a lot during AIT (which is after basic training) when I finally had access to a computer/internet. Mirror of Souls released at the halfway mark of my college sophomore year (the fall/winter after my initial army training), where i listened to that album on end. it was during a pretty dark time of my life, and the 2nd album really helped to deliver a good measure of God's goodness to me in that time.

I also remember when the Fans of Theocracy page on facebook was only 30-some people strong.

Somewhere along the way of singing along to all the songs from Theocracy as they played in my car or from my PC, I would joke to myself that I wanted to sing like Matt Smith when i grew up (despite already being somewhat grown, now that i've graduated from university).

When Sonata Arctica was doing their North American tour to promote Days of Gray (last year), part of the reason i opted to go see their show when they played at the Jaxx in Virginia was because Matt posted about Theocracy opening for them at the Georgia show the Friday before their Sunday performance at the Jaxx.

My little sister (who is just now starting high school this year) also listened to my copy of Mirror of Souls and has also become a big fan of Theocracy, so when this new album was announced, i bought 2 of the vinyl-cd combo pre-orders (one for me and one for her). She'll sometimes post links to footage of the band that appear on Youtube to my facebook.

Well, a friend of mine had their first cd so I asked to borrow it, I was pretty much sold after that. Each album just gets better.

it was back in 05 or 06, I was in high school then, and really getting into prog metal and power metal at the time with a few of my friends (we were listening to stuff like Symphony X, Rhapsody (of Fire, but before they had to change their name), Avantasia,
Dream Theater and Sonata Arcitca, with a dash of Dragonforce from before they were popular). I wondered why i hadn't found any Christian metal bands that played melodic metal / prog metal/ powermetal, so i did a search on Myspace and found Theocracy.

There's plenty, but not all of them are quite on par with secular bands.

Just another fan.

Although I did meet the whole band at Nightmare Metal Fest in 2009, and said hi to Matt at ProgPower X. :D

I consider myself as their unofficial local ambassador!

I may not post around, but I'm one of their earliest fans! Though I live too far in this world to have been able to watch a live show, I've spread the word around to as many people I could. I'm proud to say that I did have some success bringing other fans in.

Also, my real first name is Theocharis (ch is pronounced like a hard h), which is awesomely similar to Theocracy.