Other Bands for Theocracy Fans?

Hmm, I honestly don't know. Woah, I thought I recognized this band. I have three of their albums. O_O You can download their first few albums here. The song I posted is on one of the albums free to download. :D

New request: Christian prog rock. Not prog metal; closer to Rush, Yes, and King Crimson than Dream Theater or Symphony X.

EDIT: I've been looking at some Neal Morse, thinking about getting Sola Scriptura. Is it good?

I enjoy Neal Morse's solo albums. Although, I can't really say which album of his I like best. I see you like Transatlantic. To me, they are fairly similar to Neal's solo work, given Neal's vocals and musical contributions to Transatlantic. Sola Scriptura clocks in over 75 minutes with just 4 songs (if you like the longer songs :)). Though, I must disclose that prog rock is not my preferred genre (I much prefer prog/power metal). Besides Neal Morse, Transatlantic, and some of Jordan Rudess's solo albums, Rush and Enchant are probably the closest I get to prog rock. I own no albums by Yes, Genesis, ELP, Pink Floyd, Gentle Giant, etc.

Enchant's singer Ted Leonard released a Christian solo album in 2007. It's generally more mellow than Enchant, though not overly prog. Here's the only song I could find on youtube, which is probably one of my favorites off the album.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as prog rock try these:

Pink Floyd
Rush
Transatlantic
Kansas
Styx
Sieges Even
Subsignal
Ayreon (Sometimes it's prog metal)

O.K. guys and something a lil different (Not really prog rock... it's cinematic rock):

One more progressive metal I haven't seen in the previous posts - Seventh Wonder.

Seventh Wonder's Mercy Falls is a totally awesome album! Nice story/concept. I've been listening to it a lot over the last 6 months. The singer has an incredible voice.

What's the general opinion on Porcupine Tree? I heard that Mike Portnoy is planning on a side project with Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth fame and Steven Wilson of the aforementioned PT, which I've never listened to. Should I expect great things?

After all of this prog rock talk, I decided to pull out Kansas' Leftoverture and Point of Know Return albums. :b

Hmm, I honestly don't know. Woah, I thought I recognized this band. I have three of their albums. O_O You can download their first few albums here. The song I posted is on one of the albums free to download. :D

I haven't downloaded yet, but am planning to soon (going to get their second album first for the 10 minute closing track). Another question: Would you say they're more prog rock or metal? I'm kind of uptight about my genre listings. Encyclopedia Metallum says they're prog metal, but then they say the same about Transatlantic, so I don't know what to think...

Guysssss!!!
Don't genre it all!
Just enjoy whatever you like, I know it's all fun and dandy to categorise, but I'm in such a funk-ass high as the heavens mood I don't wanna hear another 'rock-metal' debate, when everybody just knows it's all MUSIC, and it's beautiful :D

Don't hate me, I'm an analyst at heart as well, I just want to take this moment to celebrate life, I love you all, and no I hadn't been drinking, it's a school day :D

This story ain't over!!!

Silent Lapse plays prog metal. Their first album, "Birthright" is free to download from their website here. I love it. Great music, great vocalist, ahhh...

Christian Liljegren is back with a Neo-Classical Metal band!

Golden Resurrection has already gotten a song up on YouTube check it out!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBgSK1htv_w&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Right now Christian has Tommy of ReinXeed (among others) as the lead guitarist and Olov of Audiovision on the Keys. :D

In the video, it also looks like Simeon from Audiovision on the bass. But I'm not certain. Does anyone know the drummer? Never seen him before. o_O

Ahah, I just finished the video and I never noticed the release date. Didn't realize it was so soon. I'm really excited now.

The Narnia guy?
Why did Narnia split anyway?

BTW, after watching Golden Resurrection I am absolutely positive to state my opinion... Liljegren is a fantastic singer, but his lyric-writing skills are crap.

Yeah, I agree. His lyrics are cheesy. Could stand to learn a couple of lessons from Matt Smith. :p

His dance moves are pretty bad too. xP