Other Bands for Theocracy Fans?

Yeah, I know about them. Really enjoyed the song Balance of Eternity, planning on getting that album eventually.

Balance of Eternity is my favorite song! :D
But yea, Physics of Fire and Terminate Damnation are more progressive than Dichotomy.All of the albums are amazing though.

I don't think they've been mentioned yet,and if they have oh well they are worth mentioning twice.
Celesty

Unfortunately this is their only good album in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celesty sounds good, at least from that video...they don't appear to be a Christian band, so they probably wouldn't make it onto my Zune.

---Prem

Celesty sounds good, at least from that video...they don't appear to be a Christian band, so they probably wouldn't make it onto my Zune.

---Prem

No they aren't. :( It's hard to find good Christian bands.

They might get a purchase from me, simply because of who the vocalist is (hint, last name Turunen ;) ) and I'm the biggest Nightwish freak ever (Anette, Tarja, who cares? Holopainen is the heart and soul of the band)

I'm not sure I'd purchase it myself. If I had more money to freely spend then of course I would. The truth is though, I don't. There are 2 albums I WILL buy that are soon to come out though. Symphony X's and Theocracy's new CDs that is.

haven't read all replies so this may have been suggested
for a less hard prog try ajalon and
rick wakeman has put out some real good CHRISTian music
ajalon 1st cd was put out by ricks indie label
randy george (from neal morse) plays on it
Iona

Dragonland... is slowly becoming one of my favorite bands.

Just give this shit a try

New request: Christian prog rock. Not prog metal; closer to Rush, Yes, and King Crimson than Dream Theater or Symphony X.

EDIT: I've been looking at some Neal Morse, thinking about getting Sola Scriptura. Is it good?

Hm... Pretty good, but maybe a little too close to glam metal or glam rock for my tastes. Think more 2112 and Hemispheres; but I'm not a huge Rush fan anyway (my favorite prog rock bands are The Tangent, Yes, and Transatlantic).

What is your opinion on Pink Floyd? They are a very unique prog band. Their songs "High Hopes", "Time", "Comfortably Numb", and many others are quite proggy.

Hm... Pretty good, but maybe a little too close to glam metal or glam rock for my tastes. Think more 2112 and Hemispheres; but I'm not a huge Rush fan anyway (my favorite prog rock bands are The Tangent, Yes, and Transatlantic).

Yeah, I noticed that too. :/ I'm not so much into Glam these days. Torman Maxt was another band compared to Rush, haven't really listened to them though.

Thoughts? I personally think they've got that "Rush" sound at points. But it's not consistent. Still good music.