Your countries' traditional music...

Achernar

Ego-Boosted Southlander
Nov 20, 2001
Lvsitania Deluxe
www.perpetualflame.com
All countries have traditional music, so I thought it'd be interesting to hear yours'. :D

Our traditional music is called "Fado", here's a sample song By Carlos Paredes (click his photo to get the song...):

The used instrument is the one in the photo. A 12 strings portuguese guitar. I guess this sample will sound weird to some of you... :ill:

bouzouki.jpg

e5.gif

My countries so called traditional music sucks!!! :puke:

There is some medieval stuff that is just nice, but most of the stuff that had its origin in the last 300 years suck... Beer-driven music sucks... :dopey:

well, in mexico we have this "ranchera" music :ill: very popular from mexicans, "cumbia" too :ill: ... and the famous "mariachi", for the serenades....
mariachis:
mariachi.jpg

"cumbia" jerk-off wannabes :bah:
groupvalsm.jpg

and one of the idolls from the "ranchera" music, pedro Infante:

foto3.jpg

There is one song from another "ranchera" idoll, jose alfredo jimenez:

JoseAlfredoJimenez.jpg
:worship:

Music :headbang:

Don Corleone said:
hey donkho thats a very cool song. i wanna hear more?

well, i'll try to upload a couple more of songs emre.. hehe... if ya know what the song means :p .... something like:

"Here Comes Drunken the drunken, asking for 5 tequilas..." :headbang:

the other song from Jose Alfredo are much more romantic, but this is just :loco:

I guess American traditional music is bluegrass, Appalachian music, country :yuk: , Native American music, jazz,etc. Traditional music from other countries is pretty popular over here too. For instance, where I live, one can turn on a local channel and see old people dancing the polka :loco: Irish music is popular as well.

donkho said:
well, i'll try to upload a couple more of songs emre.. hehe... if ya know what the song means :p .... something like:

"Here Comes Drunken the drunken, asking for 5 tequilas..." :headbang:

the other song from Jose Alfredo are much more romantic, but this is just :loco:

those are some of the most profound, thoughtful lyrics i've read lately :) i deffo wanna hear more. and i would be glad, donkho, if you told me a few more people from the same genre. i really dig this kind of mexican music!

and yeah so where are the other songs? :worship:

Mick Moss said:
Elzka, come on this is a cue for you and your lumpaa or whatever its called *-))

oih, yeah, we have this thing called humppa...if anyone wants to hear some really nice humppa, just contact me with msn..hehe..

humppa rocks!

This isn't fully traditonal, but Powwows are where people can keep some tradition alive, historic dances and songs.

Grand Entry Eagle
grandentryeagle.jpg

POWWOW DRUM AND SINGERS

drum-powwow.jpg

Spearfishpowwow.jpg

Midnightpowow01.jpg

Midnightpowwow2.jpg

intertribaldrum.jpg

interdrums.jpg

interdrums2.jpg

interdrums1.jpg

intertribal-drummerssingers.jpg