Your DAW machine - Online or Offline?

How do you run your DAW machine?

• Online (internet)

Votes: 57 62.0%
  • Offline (no internet)

Votes: 35 38.0%

• Total voters
Online for the moment for a while now. But about to fire up and configure a second computer, strictly for music (and photography stuff) and will be completely offline with no unneeded garbage.

Offline on both my towers.
Laptop and iPhone for online.

I've noticed that if I work on my laptop I usually end up wasting time on the interwebs.
So being offline on my main computers has benefits.

On my network but fire walled to all hell so there is no net access. I can get online from it by remoting into another PC in my house via VNC if I need to look something up online or check on the forum, but I usually leave my laptop on my desk next to my DAW for that sort of thing.

The studio computer has no internet since the beginning. everytime i need an update, i download it from another computer and then to a USB flash drive and install it that way.

My editing computer does have internet, but i hate it, cause right in the middle of editing, im on the forum, or on ebay, or doing something im not supposed to be doing. so...yeah.

I recently put wi-fi at the studio and it works miracles with the clients!!. If im recording the drummer per say, it's like no one is there but us. They get so quiet because they're in facebook or tweeter or minding their own business (like they should) so that's a great acquisition i guess if you don't have that, you should consider it.

Offline for me. I have an external drive for transfering projects and everything I need from my laptop (online) to my DAW desktop (Offline).

Got a sweet laptop for online use, and a nice ol desktop for studio use. Offline as shit, but it is a major pain to transfer stuff between the different computers.

online, since i only own one PC...but i plan on buying another exclusively for tracking/mixing by the end of the year, which i intend to never connect to the internet in any way, shape, or form