Your Fav. Nevermore Album And Why???

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY

I hate wiener dogs. Dreadful creatures.
Mar 3, 2004
Tulsa, Ok
THE FIRST ONE I BOUGHT WAS DREAMING NEON BLACK AND ITS STILL MY FAV. I AM THE DOG IS A KILLER TRACK AND DEMANDS SCREAMING ATTENTION AT THE END. I LIKED DEAD HEART BUT IT DOESNT HOLD MY ATTENION LIKE DNB. RIVER Dragon rocks ass though. Havent heard Enemies so I cant comment. Ive never been able to find politics either. Ive heard the production on Enemies isnt to great, but Ive heard alot of people that liked it cause it was very raw sounding.Very old school thrash like. :headbang:

tie between DNB and DHIADW.... DHIADW has been my favorite for a long time, but i think DNB is edging it out a bit more now.... while NM made lots of improvements after DNB, the songs on DNB just have the best atmosphere and dark feeling to them, they seem to be a bit more hypnotic and trance-inducing as well. The feelings that the album evokes are what makes it rise above the others.

Your really good at explaining stuff. Im never that in depth. Your right , that album has a very dark aura and conveys alot of emotion maybe since its concept based and DEAD HEART was more just individual songs.

Considering the fact that atmosphere is the main thing that I look for in music, I would have to say Dreaming Neon Black. It exudes emotions that none of the others can even come close to touching.

Dreaming Neon Black for managing to compile an incredibly poignant lyrical mix with atmospherics, something not seen very often in metal. The personal nature of the story involved is moving, and tragic, and the songs progress through the different elements of those lyrics incredibly well.

Ultimately, though, I stand by Politics of Ecstasy as their single best work because of the mix of brutality and technicality, resulting in one of the most interesting and musically challenging metal albums that retains the qualities of listenability at the same time. Also enjoy the arranging of political commentary, mind-alteration via drugs and the question of the nature of reality.

I have to go with what I feel now even if it might change tomorrow, so Enemies Of Reality is my favourite for now. I had a really hard time getting into the album and still had a hard time getting into some songs (Ambivalence, Create The Infinite), but now it's all clear to me. :D
The main reason for EoR being my favourite is Warrel's vocals & lyrics. Just about every Nevermore song has great lyrics, but there's just something special in the ones for EoR.
Of course the album wouldn't be that good without great music. Loomis' riffing is awesome, the guitar sound is fucking great (Seed Awakening, Ambivalence, whoa)...unlike the drum sound, but at least the album has a unique sound.

Forgive yourself for no one else will die for your crimes...

I'm with Larf about In Memory though, it's probably my 2nd favourite along with Dreaming Neon Black. Optimist Or Pessimist & Matricide especially remind me of EoR (or rather the other way around).

dead heart is my favorite. politics is second with enemies very close behind it. dnb falls below them. i like it a lot, but for some reason i just cant get into it quite as much as the others.

TheFourthHorseman said:
The main reason for EoR being my favourite is Warrel's vocals & lyrics. Just about every Nevermore song has great lyrics, but there's just something special in the ones for EoR.
I agree completely.

Politics for its grit and noise and excellent guitar and bass tone, and DNB for all the reasons everyone has listed plus that guitar tone. its the darkest, blackest most ferociously delicious tone ever. listen to that riff from no more will at 1:30 or the dive riff from fault of the flesh or posion godmachine and tell me the tone on this album doesnt put everyone else to shame.

Enemies of Reality is probably my favorite. It's the cd i listen to the most. Right behind that is a tie of Politics and DNB. EoR is my fav overall, but Politics and DNB have Nevermore's best individual songs.