Your favorite guitarist

JOHN CHRIST(danzig) :worship: -by far the most influential guitarist for me.

Doyle (misfits) - sure he sucks, but he has great stage presence and thats what i like about him/

Oscar Dronjak, the one who plays guitar in Hammerfall.. i love melodic guitars, few plays as he does!!

jimi hendrix RIP
timmo tolki
luca turilli
micheal ammot
alexi laiho
zakk wylde
no specific order

cookiecutter said:
Kerry King and Jeff Hanneman
Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy)
Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)
Mike Amott (Carcass)

Those guys all rule
kerry king and jeff hanneman...how could i forge!?

Fret Wankers I value... Marcel Coenen, Because he has melody and tone as well as speed, and his speed is only rarely displayed in his songs... some songs are totally without. Michael Romeo because his chubby fingers make me laugh and he is just a fucking beast. Steve Vai... because his musical output is just consistently awesome and he plays the guitar with such amazing passion. I guess I could also put Jeff Loomis here too, because nevermore are the shit.

Then other guitarists: Anders Bjorler, because he rights big dirty progressive and melodic riffs as heavy as they come. Fredrik Thorendaal, because he's some kind of human Calculator/wrecking machine. Ihsahn... the guys musical powers transcend flesh. I also sort of like Emppu Vuorinen because of his personality, and the way he is actually totally fucking immense but isn't cocky about it and rarely puts that flare into nightwish songs.

Reaper69 said:
Tripp Eisen (ex-static-x)
Munky (Korn)
Christian Olde Wolbers (Fear Factory)
Brian Welch (ex-Korn)
Dino Cazeres (ex-Fear Factory)
Robb Flynn (Machine Head)
Dimebag (ex- Pantera)
Dan (Disturbed)

I hope your kidding me right? That's a pretty awful list.

negative_creep said:
Jim Root - Slipknot are ammmmaaaazzzziiinnnggg!!!!
Slipknot are amazing as the dryness in my mouth. "Ooh, we're so rebellious because we wear masks and get all the gawths in our fanbase, which is mainly comprised of thirteen-year-old wrist cutters who feel our pain and who've never even heard anything by us that wasn't on the top 40 chart.":Smug:

Draconysius said:
Slipknot are amazing as the dryness in my mouth. "Ooh, we're so rebellious because we wear masks and get all the gawths in our fanbase, which is mainly comprised of thirteen-year-old wrist cutters who feel our pain and who've never even heard anything by us that wasn't on the top 40 chart.":Smug:

hey dude everyone is entitled to their own opinions...and unfortunately for you your opinion means f*** all to me

obviously you have stereotypical views if you honestly believe that thats the kind of poeple that slipknots fans are...

Kirk Hammett (prepares to get flamed)
These are things I already know and you need not tell me: he has extremely sloppy chops, he uses his wah too much, James has better solos than he does.
These are reasons I like him: He has a melodic style and I really like melodicism in metal. He happens to be in the band that has influenced me most in my music.

By no means is he the only guitarist I like though. Here are a few others: Alex Skolnick (Testament), John Petrucci (Dream Theater/Liquid Tension Experiment), Robert Fripp (King Crimson)...my list goes on :p

Muhammed from necrophagist owns all of the aforementioned. if you cant comprehend that then you are mentally challenged