Your Favorite In Flames ballad

Deveianse

May 24, 2011
Vienna, Austria
Don't know if it's been posted but what the hell anyways...

My favorite has to be Evil In A Closet, I like the build up and the growls/screams Anders uses at the end and lyric wise I wind it amazing, still gives me chills

Satellites & Astronauts!

Love everything about the song.

Evil in the Closet is probably among the best songs from STYE.

Satellites & Astronauts!

Love everything about the song.

Evil in the Closet is probably among the best songs from STYE.

My Serbian twin has already given my answer :D

S&A is in my top songs of all time, let alone ballads.

All In Flames' ballads are pretty good though. Metaphor is a nice song, Evil in a Closet is good, Come Clarity (song) is fine, despite the singing being a bit meh :D I don't count The Chosen Pessimist as a ballad... it's so awful it doesn't even class as music. Liberation is again decent, but not great.

What, you're smart, tall and handsome too? :D

Wow, my 600th post. 590+ were offtopic...

I'll go with that :D

I've got 1,265 posts and I'd imagine at least half of them were spent arguing with Krofius and Clay-Man ... the wonders of the internet :D

DE4life: N'Flamez are gay! (Btw, did Ashley Cole cheated on Cheryl?)

Krofius: You are gay. Anders told me he doesn't care what people think, he does what record comp...what he wants!

DE4life: They are still gay. Unlike all the power bands I have on my last.fm (Check out Cheryl Cole new single)

Krofius: Well, english not being you second language you should know...

Clay-man: Fuck! Shit! Fuck!

DE4life: You okay dude? (awww Cheryl...fuck...Cheryl)

Clay-man: Bottled shit!

Krofius: LULZ!

That's a fairly accurate summary to be fair, minus the bracketed stuff :D come on man, listen to Fight For This Love and tell me it isn't a tune :cool:

I like Parachute it is br00tal, for me S&A are among the greatest songs as well and it my second and extremely close to first place ballad, metaphor and dawn with a new day are amazing, I can't feel Liberation as a ballad it's more a pop rock up-tempo song not really ballad, the attic is cool tho kinda ghost spooky story

let's get this Cheryl Cole party starting

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I like Jester Script Transfigured... I'm pretty sure Satellites and Astronauts is the epitome of melodic death metal ballads.

I don't even know if you could call it melodic death metal, but its an awesome song nonetheless.

"BE GENTTTLEEE TO THE TEAR IN THIS EYE!"

Evil in a Closet i suppose. Altough Dawn of a new Day has its moments...definitely not Come Clarity or Hårgalåten.

The Chosen Pessimist is my favorite IF ballad. Come clarity is very good too, especially the solo. If we are counting live versions, then S&A live version is tied 1st place.

come at me

I think we should make a thread: "Why all the hate for The Chosen Pessimist" ;) It's one of my favourites too. Come Clarity is almost perfect in my view (I like the vocals- for a ballad they work fine) and has a great solo (something that alot of softer songs fail in).

Why all the love for Satellites and Astronauts??? Don't make me get out my old display picture...

TCP is one of biggest wannabe progressive wankfests ever.

There's absolutely nothing to like about TCP from the standpoint of it being a good song. It's too long, the same boring chords repeat continually, the vocals are cringeworthy, the climax of the song comes far too late to save it and the singing is again horrible.

S&A is in contrast absolute perfection.

There's absolutely nothing to like about TCP from the standpoint of it being a good song. It's too long, the same boring chords repeat continually, the vocals are cringeworthy, the climax of the song comes far too late to save it and the singing is again horrible.

S&A is in contrast absolute perfection.
Well that's your opinion. The last 3-4 minutes of TCP really is what makes the song awesome for me. Especially the last 1min outro that is one of the best pieces of music IF has ever made IMO.

Well that's your opinion. The last 3-4 minutes of TCP really is what makes the song awesome for me. Especially the last 1min outro that is one of the best pieces of music IF has ever made IMO.

I'm loving those keyboard-progressive-type passages that In Flames are using lately, like outro of TCP, the spine-tingling end of The Puzzle and the fade-out of Liberation.

I find S&A much less interesting than The Chosen Pessimist, it just drags. I like the bluesy vibe with the acoustics (I adore ALL of IF's acoustic guitar work!), but it just doesn't stick like TCP's intro. Okay, it's a tad drawn out but I like those 'same boring chords' so I don't mind that they run for 2 minutes.