Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Satyricon

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Solefald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ...

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Wow, a very old thread. Back then in 2001, i didn't listen to metal, and i wasn't even a member of UM.
My vote goes to almighty Dimmu Borgir, my first ever Black Metal band, and i still like them, no matter what.

Check my join date mate. ;)

Strewth!

This thread died just days before the 9/11 attacks. I was in 7th grade that day. I remember we all got called down to the school gym, and being surprised that there were no chairs set up for this assembly. Then the principal spilled the news, and we all went back to class and watched CNN all day.

I vote for Limbonic Art because it's the only 90s black metal I haven't got tired of.

It's also a shame Thorns isn't included.

Burzum, with Emperor and Darkthrone (though not listed) not far behind.

Burzum's music just struck me the moment I started listening to it. I can't describe it, but Burzum just... works.

Burzum, with Emperor and Darkthrone (though not listed) not far behind.

Burzum's music just struck me the moment I started listening to it. I can't describe it, but Burzum just... works.
In Longing Spirit is a great song, even though I don't think it's considered a part of Anthems.

In Longing Spirit is a great song, even though I don't think it's considered a part of Anthems.

AFAIK, it was recorded for Anthems, but got switched out for another song last-minute, and placed on the "Reverence" single.

But doesn't matter to me; the version of Anthems I got, came with the Reverence single as bonus tracks; so I consider it part of the album. And I agree, great song; my favorite off of the album. :kickass:

Burzum has the best consistency with honest music that means more than just the sounds; and this across multiple albums. If Mayhem ever had the chance to make a few more albums like "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" however, it might be closer.

Metalmaster my ass, Darkthrone is not there but Tidfall is? Tough decision but I voted for Mayhem.