Your favourite band no one has heard of

I have yet to meet anyone who knows who Wolves in the Throne Room is, but they seem to be getting more well-known... relatively.

I also don't see or hear much about Windir, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. Windir is probably my most favoritest black metal band, like, evar. Wolves in the Throne Room comes close second. :kickass::kickass:

The Architect and Army of Flying Robots are bands nobody seems to know about, either.

nice subtle advertising dipshit

adramelch might be the best metal band i never ever hear mentioned around here, at least outside of extreme metal

every man and his dog knows windir and wolves in the throne room man

kil said:
I'm whoring out a new local band now- The Vengeful Few.
(Fellow Jersyians, they're from Morristown.)

The Vengeful Few were formed in 2004 by guitar players Tom Catuosco and John Zambri. The band was conceived as a vehicle for writing and playing classic 80’s style metal in the vein of great bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, and others. They were tired of the modern music that passed for “metal” and wanted to create music that had actual guitar solos, true metal guitar riffs, and real singing.

Review of their new debut:

Morris County, New Jersey based 5-piece The Vengeful Few are something of an anomaly in the US Metal scene; having odd qualities like guitar solos, cool riffs [in standard tuning!] and a vocalist that can actually SING! You guessed it, The Vengeful Few are firmly rooted in traditional `Eighties-style Metal; think Dio, Priest. Far from a nostalgic trip down memory lane by a bunch of hobbyists, the bands` debut album consists of eight well thought out tunes that are sure to appeal to those listeners who DON`T consider turntables as standard equipment in a Metal band! The CD is a self-produced [and self released] affair, and it`s obvious that a lot of care went into recording the album. While the disc certainly doesn`t sound as if it was recorded at Electric Lady Studios, the clean, uncluttered production suits the music to a "T". Each instrument comes through loud and clear, and the guitars [always a Metal essential] cut through the mix. The band is made up of vocalist Keith Vitali [Gods Of Fire], guitarists Tom Catuosco and John Zambri, drummer Gary Rinaldi and bassist Jim Gowe. Top class players through and through, the guys are obviously comfortable playing together, which shows in the tunes. Among the standouts are cuts like "Madhouse", "Circle Of Seven" [based on Stephen King`s "It"], "The New Granada", "Marie" and one of my personal favorites [among others!] the NWOBHM-styled "Face Reality". Clever hooks and song structures, intelligent lyrics, quality musicianship and a total dedication to what they do make this one of the finest Metal debuts of 2008. Now all we need is a record lable who can recognize REAL talent when they see it and sign these guys! Highly recommended!

These guys are fucking awesome.

http://www.myspace.com/thevengefulfew

I don't own it, but I've been looking for it.

The Grand Psychotic Castle is top notch symphonic BM.

edit: @ no country

I guess I wouldn't call them my favorite band no one has heard of, but I know very few bands that no one else here has heard of.

nice subtle advertising dipshit

adramelch might be the best metal band i never ever hear mentioned around here, at least outside of extreme metal

every man and his dog knows windir and wolves in the throne room man

I haven't listened to them in a while but I remember liking Irae Melanox a lot. On the other hand, Broken History left me indifferent (I didn't listen to it much though...did I give up too fast?)

I don't own it, but I've been looking for it.

The Grand Psychotic Castle is top notch symphonic BM.

edit: @ no country

I guess I wouldn't call them my favorite band no one has heard of, but I know very few bands that no one else here has heard of.

I used to really like them, but then I went off symphonic BM.

As for my favourite metal band that nobody has heard of, like I mean literally nobody because he's only ever released a one track demo and that was a few years ago is Verdensrike. Can we all please mass e-mail him and tell him to hurry up and make his supposed fucking full-length he's got in the works (at least according to his last update in March 2005...) He may only have one track but it's one of the best metal tracks I've heard.

Peste Noire are great.

Some great bands I like that no one else here probably listens to or has heard of:

Verdunkeln
Legion of Darkness
Zuriaake
Arcana Coelestia
Orlac
Crackdust
Zora
Morte Incandescente
Flagellum Dei
Cry of Silence
Cyhiriaeth

I haven't seen Wolfhetan mentioned around here. They're not the best band in the world, but they had a very solid debut.