Your favourite beer

I bought a small bottle of Delirium Tremens today. Gonna try it in about an hour! I may try it after I've had a few others. As the Gentleman said, everything after tasted like water. I don't want to suffer the same fate. And funny enough, Russian River Brewing Co. which makes Pliny the Elder, is only about 25 miles north of me. I will try some soon.

:kickass:

Dude, you're within 25 miles of Russian River and you haven't had Pliny the Elder??? Uh oh.... ;)

Make the drive and get it on tap!!! Then hit up some Damnation, Salvation, Consecration, and finish with a Blind Pig. Then call a cab.

I bought a small bottle of Delirium Tremens today. Gonna try it in about an hour! I may try it after I've had a few others. As the Gentleman said, everything after tasted like water. I don't want to suffer the same fate. And funny enough, Russian River Brewing Co. which makes Pliny the Elder, is only about 25 miles north of me. I will try some soon.

^ Shred, LOL.

Did you enjoy the Tremens, Prog?

Dude, you're within 25 miles of Russian River and you haven't had Pliny the Elder??? Uh oh.... ;)

Make the drive and get it on tap!!! Then hit up some Damnation, Salvation, Consecration, and finish with a Blind Pig. Then call a cab.

I just got a bottle of Pliny the Elder and Damnation. Consecration is way expensive! I'll tell you how I
like 'em later.

A lot of people love Duvel... isn't it considered THE belgian blonde? I like it, but there are many beers (blondes included) that I prefer.
I actually had Duvel right after Tremens, and I thought it paled in comparison. My g/f prefered it over the Tremens, though.
I find the taste more 1-dimensional, and the alcohol overpowering in regards to balance.
It is in no way a bad beer, and it was the best of the ones I tested after Tremens.
I did have it about half a year ago as well, and my opinion was the same at that time.

I just got back from Belgium and had the pleasure of drinking some quality stuff. I really liked the Westmalle. Those monks really know what they are doing.

I didn't make it to Westvleteren. Too far from Brussels and Antwerp. It was a business trip, and drinking beer is not in the job description. Some day...

Westmalle is available everywhere. Those monks aren't supposed to be profiting, but I have my doubts.

I just bought a bottle of Rochefort 10. Friday night is when I try it! It looks like an old bottle of wine.
Kind of dirty and dusty. I looked at the Rochefort 6 and 8. I will try them next. I'll also buy a bottle
of Westmalle Tripel at the same time. ABQ, how do you know so much about all of these great beers?
I've loved everyone you have suggested so far. Pliny the Elder has an incredible aroma and taste. It smells like good, skunky buds. I really love the Damnation. That could be the best beer I have ever
tasted. Keep 'em coming. Gentleman, you too have given me some fine choices. Maybe I can send you some Rochefort.:worship:

Good you like them. I hated beer in college, because all I knew was BudMilloors. My buddy and I decided we would try to learn to like beer, because we were sick of bars watering down drinks. Depending on the bartender, we'd never know what we were buying. But, they couldn't put water in a bottle of beer. So we made up our minds to drink nothing but Bud Dry. haha. Then I had a neighbor who brewed his own beer a couple of times, right there in the dorms on a dry campus in a dry city. I tried some and it was actually pretty good. If we fast forward about six years, when I was getting married and we were shopping for things to put on our gift registry at Dillard's, they had a big display for a Mr. Beer beer making kit. Just to be funny, I scanned it onto the list. A girl from my high school, whom I didn't even really know but who had attached herself to my wife and me for some reason and we felt like we had to invite to the wedding, ended up buying the Mr. Beer kit for me. I couldn't put it to waste and decided to give it a try. I'm the kind of personality that if I do something, I go full bore into it; so, I started researching how to make beer. Part of that research, of course, was trying new beer styles. I started back in 2000, and let's just say I've done a lot of "research to improve my craft." I came to respect beer as a good drink, not as a means of getting smashed, and I continue to try as many new beers as I can. Since New Mexico is somewhat limited in what can be sold due to its franchise laws, whenever I travel (which can be quite pretty extensive at times, though the past few years have been dry with opex pressures for my company) I make it a point to find a good beer store and pick up a couple bottles I've read about but can't find in NM.

So, glad to hear you like the recommendations. The American craft beer industry, mostly as a result in the boom in home brewing during the '90's-'00's and the work of the AHA, has really taken off as people read about the history of brewing in America and continue to work to overcome the ravages of Prohibition. And other countries are upping their games as well, largely in response to the creativity and risk taking they see happening in small-brewery America.