Your favourite beer

Yeah, Garrett Oliver has become quite famous in brewing circles. I unfortunately don't get any Brooklyn down here.

I have yet to be able to find AleSmith. I'm looking hard for it though. They have an excellent reputation.

I did hit up a Rye PA at Chama River yesterday - that was quite good. Rye has a very cool edge to it.

You should try a cold Hoegaarden on a hot day! :Spin:

Not the same... I like Hoegaarden but it doesn't go down as easy and smoothly...

People like to dog the The great American Pilsner but there is nothing as refreshing.... :kickass:

I don't always drink a beer for refreshment, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis, uh er Budweiser I mean :Spin:

But I drink New Castle the most and on a regular basis...
And I drink many many others for their flavor...

Oh course I'm fricken old and grew up when there were very few choices, so I probably have an emotional attachment to the ol' guzzle water!

Haven't tried it yet, but I thought I'd grab a bottle since it looked like a seasonal stock.
I tried the Meantime Coffee Porter and the Trafalger Oatmeal Stout. They were both average, at best. I actually preferred the Stout to the Porter.

Thanks to you, Shred, I've tried a couple of Unibroue brews, and stocked up on a bunch more!
I was in Quebec, vising family, and I realized that the Unibroue brewery was a few towns over. I figured I'd check out some stores to see if they stocked Unibroue, and it turns out that every store stocks a LOT of it!
I picked up a bunch, and the ones I've tried so far were delish! I also got to grab some St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout, which has gotten high praise.

So I tried the Trappist Koningshoeven Quad, and it is, as of right now, my favourite beer of all time. Absolutely delicious!
The Orval (trappist) was nowhere near as good, which I had right before the Koningshoeven.
St. Bernardus is finally being stocked around here, so I'm gonna order 2 cases. I'm pretty confident that I'm going to love it, so I can't wait!

Thanks to you, Shred, I've tried a couple of Unibroue brews, and stocked up on a bunch more!
I was in Quebec, vising family, and I realized that the Unibroue brewery was a few towns over. I figured I'd check out some stores to see if they stocked Unibroue, and it turns out that every store stocks a LOT of it!
I picked up a bunch, and the ones I've tried so far were delish! I also got to grab some St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout, which has gotten high praise.

Glad to be of help. ;) Next time you go visiting family, you should visit the brewery.

I like Trois Pistoles.

Indeed, that is one of my faves. Very similar to Avery's Salvation in taste, which is funny because of the difference in colors between the two.

I had Delerium Noel yesterday and I actually like it better than Tremens.

Oh, yeah, anything Delerium rocks! I haven't had the Noel for a couple years though... I guess I'd better get to the store if I ever get my car back.

So I tried the Trappist Koningshoeven Quad, and it is, as of right now, my favourite beer of all time. Absolutely delicious!
The Orval (trappist) was nowhere near as good, which I had right before the Koningshoeven.
St. Bernardus is finally being stocked around here, so I'm gonna order 2 cases. I'm pretty confident that I'm going to love it, so I can't wait!

I was looking through some old beer pics (yeah, I'm dumb that way - I database my beer drinking with photos) and found one for the Quad. I had it when I visited my buddy up in Minnesota and we went on a small binge. Very excellent, indeed. The fact that I didn't remember having the beer, just 15 months ago, should say something about that "binge".

I had a Fat Tire a couple of weeks ago. It was really good. It is from New Belgium Brewery. Check it out!

Fat Tire
Sweetwater 420
Guinness
Smithwicks
Chocolate Stout from Ft Collins Brewery
Natty Green's Old Town Brown (local brewhouse in Greensboro,NC)

I really go for amber ales, ales, darker beers. My least favorites are pilsners.

No, Detective, this is where you profess your love for Lepond's bass solo in Awakenings, and dissect each note's emotional induction.

I won't be able to find those beers (other than Guinness and Smithwick's), given that I live in Ontario. The government monopolized the sale of alcohol, so I can only drink what they bring here!

Matilda has sparked my interests...

No, Detective, this is where you profess your love for Lepond's bass solo in Awakenings, and dissect each note's emotional induction.

:lol:

That high Bb gets me every time!

I won't be able to find those beers (other than Guinness and Smithwick's), given that I live in Ontario. The government monopolized the sale of alcohol, so I can only drink what they bring here!

That seriously sucks. What kinds of beer are available other than the two you mentioned? Just generic stuff?

Matilda has sparked my interests...

Nice spice flavor, but a bit expensive where I live.

We have a LOT of the generic stuff. We regularily stock some premium and imported stuff (I'd call 'em the middle quality brews). A few times a year, we bring in some rarer beers, and a lot of the time, these are great choices. They are stocked temporarily, and sometimes will never come back.

I like to raid the stores like a lunatic during their limited releases.
(Can't wait for my case of St. Bernardus 12)

Woosh! I had Grassroots' Pikkulintu Triple IPA few days ago and oh my god it was GREAT! ABV 12% and 180 EBU's, but the alcohol doesn't taste at all. I doubt that you guys have a possibility to taste this anywhere, but if you do, TASTE THIS! Double IPA is maybe a better name for this... I have to have this again...

I believe I have a Unibroue Maudite in the fridge :)
I bought it cold, so I must store it cold.

Actually, I now have a question, Shred.

How should I store and serve my Belgians? I have them kept out of the sun, and in a room-temperatured... well... room.
I never know the best way to serve them after this state, and I don't even know if storing them for long periods like this is a good thing.

Please help me out!

(I haven't had my current stock for very long)

Anything with high alcohol content will "cellar" for a long time. The Belgians should be fine. Beers with regular alcohol content will suffer from heat though. I found remnants of a Sam Adams case in my garage - must have been near a year old. After going through a New Mexico summer, though, they took on a character more like cardboard than beer.

That said, I'd still try to get beers to a cooler environment. Most 'gique beers are ales and should be served/stored at cellar-ish temps - about 40-45° F. Typically the warmer the ale when you drink it the more of the flavor profile you get. Cold ales lack their true character. Lagers are very clean beers with few esters in the flavor profile and are meant to be stored and served as cold as you can get them.

If you want to stay true to each beer for serving, you should get a glass that most resembles the type of glassware the brewery makes for their beer. Check out some websites (like here) specializing in glassware to see what I mean. Most Belgian brewers make some type of footed chalice to serve their beer in, with the glass purported to provide the best flavor/aroma profile for their particular beer. Do with that what you will.