Your favourite quotes...

"I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse." - Isaac Asimov

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Kierkegaard

Light travels faster than sound, that's why people seem bright until you hear them.

When you're arguing with an idiot, chances are that he's doing just the same.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. - William James

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four.

When in doubt, tell the truth. - Mark Twain

PEOPLE'S WHOLE LIVES DO PASS IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES BEFORE THEY DIE. THE PROCESS IS CALLED 'LIVING'. - Terry Pratchett in 'The Last Continent'

The power of pessimism: an optimist is never happily surprised.

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Nothing can drive me crazy; I'm close enough to walk there.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

You're working under a slight handicap. You happen to be human.

Women who want to be equal to men lack imagination.

Philosophy: A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

much more..

-towo

'Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words 'mank' and 'ind.' Now that doesn't make sense, and that is why mankind doesn't either.'
- Jack Handy

- 'I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.'

"Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. " - Albert Einstein

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"The greatest minds are capable of the greatest vices as well as of the greatest virtues." - René Descartes

"The more I look at my wife, the more I like my dog." - Sacha Guitry

"Men will know Women's Inner Beauty when they got an eye on the extremity of their dick." - unknown (could be me)

"I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. "
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"Here's to alcohol: the source of, and answer to, all of life's problems."
Simpsons

-One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. (some guy)
-The old eye for an eye philosophy ends up leaving everybody blind (Martin Luther King)

-How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter? (Woody Allen)
-I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying. (Woody Allen)
-Son, when you attend sporting events, its not whether you win or lose its how drunk you get (Homer Simpson)
-Don't let Krusty's death get you down, boy. People die all the time. Just like that. Why, you could wake up dead tomorrow. Well, good night. (Homer)

"Be still...My mind is aglow with whirling nodes of transient thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
-Blazing Saddles

"Carol never wore her safety goggles. Now she doesn't need them."
-Poster in the chem lab at my school

"I don't give a fuck if you hate me!"
-Children of Bodom (you better damn well know that one)

"Soylent green is made out of people!"
-Charlton Heston in Soylent Green