Your first Extreme Metal album(s)

Sepultura - Arise
I saw the video premier for Dead Embryonic Cells on Headbangers Ball and bought the cd, old school with the big cardboard box and the rest is history.

Cannibal Corpse - Tomb of the Mutilated
the year, around 2000. I was already into Slayer and Metallica and those bands.
And for some reason a friend of mine had TOTM. I only had to hear the first song (hammer smashed face) to know that that shit kicked huge amounts of ass. I was hooked.
He actually gave me the cd.
I went home and searched mp3.com and Nile came up. All went downhill from there.

If Metallica counts, Ride the Lightning/MOP

Otherwise, Amon Amarth - With Oden on Our Side in 06.

My first extreme album was Sentenced's North From Here. I still love this fucking album.
Albums like early Katatonia, Anathema or Paradise Lost, and My Dying Bride were what followed after I guess.

The Reaper one from Children of Bodom. Oh wait all the covers have reapers on them...

-goes to look at MA-

"Follow the Reaper" - CoB

It blew my mind at the time, I was obsessed with them for about a year. Now the keyboards annoy me and the melodies sound predictable, the solos suck, and the vocals kinda annoying... but still, it got me into "extreme metal" so I thank it for that.

They do still have some really cool harmonies in some of their songs though.

I still remember the day my friend gave me a CD including Death's Individual Thought Patterns.I didn't like it at all for the first times I listened to it.But the more I listened to the album the more I got into it and still its one of my favs in Death