Your Funeral

daz436

Konfused
Feb 13, 2006
Your planning your funeral and get to choose 3 songs. Choose them, and explain why.

Remember this is alot different from the typical 'favourite track' thread or '3 tracks that sum up your taste' thread. If you're a bastard you might want to choose Edge of Sanity - Crimson to piss off your relatives by making them stand there for an hour while its playing. Or if you're a sick bastard you might want to choose Entrails Ripped From A Virgins Cunt by Cannibal Corpse to piss off the priest/minister/whatever funeral religiousy type person is running it. Or you could always just go for the typical depress your family with Katatonia & Radiohead. So in a way this thread isnt particularly serious if you don't want it to be, but obviously it can be if you want.

Hopefully this will take off...

I always used to go for 5 but hmm three I can do.

Nina Simone - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

The Who - Behind Blue Eyes

And I always used to say Highway to Hell, but I think that's just 'cause I couldn't think of anything.

I'd probably go with Opeth - Harvest.

Other possibilities, Vangelis - "Tears in Rain", Emperor - "With Strength I Burn" and Sinatra - "My Way".

These are some of my favourite songs of all time, really very moving in my opinion.

I'm only hoping for one song, namely 'Why worry' by Dire Straits because it's one of the most beautiful songs I know and one of the first songs I've heard in my life so that would be a nice coda... Plus the lyrics kinda fit the ocassion ;)

I would say...

Patterns in the Ivy - Opeth... simply beautiful, moving music and lyrics. Fits the occasion.

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls... mine and the girl's song, it's obligatory:lol:

Arriving Somewhere, But Not Here - Porcupine Tree... first couple of minutes would fit a funeral very nicely.

Nightingale - Glory Days I smile as I fade in this empty space
I believe that funerals should be a cause for celebrating one's life rather than mourning one lost.

Third Eye Blind - Motorcycle Driveby I go home to the coast, I paddle out on the water, and this dark and broken wave will carry me home
Favorite song by a longtime favorite band shared with someone very important to me.

Mostly Autumn - The Gap Is Too Wide (for the lengthy instrumental section that is simply amazing)

or Zero Hour - Rebirth Fields of white, reflect the light, of a rose upon a tomb. They lost one along the way...

I probably go with all Metallica repetoire..

the Unforgiven
Nothing else matters
Fade to black

and maybe trow in a "Bastard son of god" to cheer up everybody

Opeth - Still Day Beneath The Sun (Live)

Opeth - To Bid You Farewell (Live)

And then I would have Amazing Grace played on bagpipes.

The Opeth would be live performances by the band themselves, now top that!