Your impressions about The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR.

Welcome in SonofRuss- and amen to what you say about Orphaned Land and ORwarriOR. It is great to now talk to people who's first acquintance with the band is ORwarriOR. I have no idea what it's like to hear this album, without knowing the rest. You have a lot of good things to come I would say (-:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

Well, I heard a few tracks on YouTube before, and the one that convinced me that this band really deserves to be heard was Ocean Land. Kobi is an unbelievable singer, there are not many who are able to growl and sing clear vocals. I was singing in a Death Metal band myself for 3 years and therefore I have an idea how good he truly is. But it's not only Kobi, the rest of the band is doing a great job too, playing their instruments with great virtuosity and accuracy as well. I'm beginning to learn guitar now, and I can only hope that I will be this good some day.

The sound of Orphaned Land reminds me a little of Fates Warning. You don't have it often that a band with their technical abilities sounds so smooth. Not like Dream Theater or Nevermore, where the prog elements are much more in the front of the whole music. That's what really impresses me.

If you've just got into Orphaned Land, I'd recommend not to hear its alltime masterpiece: Mabool.

Hearing two great albums at the same time it isnt a good idea, probably one of two will "swallow" the other one, shadowing it and you take the risk of unconsciously rejecting the "bad" one, and you wont have the chance to taste two great releases instead of only one.

Wait a few months, digest OW and then taste Mabool as if it was a completely new album of the band. Prepare for the discharge...

lozano

^

Exact same thing happened after I first heard Mabool. I couldn't tolerate ENA or Sahara for a month or even more. But then I got to grasp it slowly.

@ SonofRuss - What you said about Kobi is very true. The variety in vocals is nothing short of stunning. And just like the others as well it looks like he experiments with his vocals like the 'SW' bit on From Broken Vessels.

Now I feel kinda stupid for singling out From Broken Vessels in my review because it has some of my favourite moments on the album.

Since I'm new here, I've figured this is the best place to start.

Before I write any further, I must point out that I'm new to Orphaned Land and the band's universe. I'm even not very familiar with Middle Eastern rock & metal. So, now if you start thinking "this newbie doesn't know what he's talking about", yes, you're completely right. :)

My thoughts on "The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR";
the album has had many, many spins in my CD-player and Winamp and still it never ceases to amaze me. I could go on about the sophisticated arrangements and the impeccable execution but albeit being true, it's something that everybody has noticed and pointed out. No point in repeating it.
So, what's truely amazing about the album is the richness and depth of the concept and the music. OL doesn't fight differences, they embrace them and use them to create music & art and to evolve the listener. As Kobi points out in "Codeword:Uprising" "the yin and yang enthwined". Darkness and Light, West and East, God and Satan, old poems and new lyics. By embracing those differences, the music doesn't just sound brave, it makes brave. You feel enrichend and wiser after listening to this album. As far as I know, no other artist or band has ever been this daring in combining impossible elements.
Long story short, it's an incredible, deep and almost philosofical album that, for me personally, is up there with Metallica's "Ride the Lightning", Kyuss' "Blues for the Red Sun" and Jimi Hendrix' "Electric Ladyland" and I'm looking forward to discovering more of this band and seeing them live.

Before I write any further, I must point out that I'm new to Orphaned Land and the band's universe. I'm even not very familiar with Middle Eastern rock & metal. So, now if you start thinking "this newbie doesn't know what he's talking about", yes, you're completely right. :)

Welcome in Burke&HareInc. No problem when you are a newbie, people inhere are tolerant and ready to answer questions you might have. Hope to see you here often. :kickass:

Thanks for the kind words, Morticia, or should I say "heel erg bedankt"?
The few topics that I have browsed , all went very civilised. Even the Metallica one. There was no shouting or calling names. I've found no childish argues or quarrels. Just very mature people who provide interesting reading material.:)

Welcome Burke! :wave:

I keep listening to the new album... it is so damned good. I showed it to my wife and she loves it too! And a mutual friend of ours, and more friends and more friends :)

Album was exelent, I had heard of the band but never really looked into them, bought it on a whim when I saw it on sale for 5 bucks, and was blown away!!! defenetly a top ten competitor for the year, and am really looking forward to seeing the band on the 11th at the palladium!

Hail, Great Kthulu,

Those were the best five bucks you ever spent...just sayin.' Unless you scored a top-notch dimebag once :headbang: Nah, still the best.

I'm no fanboy of anybody, but I love & respect this band like no other, because it doesn't just crank out original music--lots of bands do that.

But OL is a heck of a lot more than a band with great music and deep lyrics: For one, the boys mean everything they say. For, uh, two, their music is changing things for lots of people in a tragic part of the world. And, yeah, for three, even the Europeans dig 'em.

Now that's rare as the diamond I haven't bought my girlfriend :lol:

Welome welcome great kthulu. How remarkable you bought to album in a whim like that. Isn't it great to discover the surprise inside ey.
So all you lucky people in the USA, the guys are about to land your shores. Be sure to go and catch a show when you can, because this is really something else. For 1- they don't play all tracks like they are on the albums note for note, but like to change a thing here and there- also instruments! Rare to see that with a band.
2- the guys are pretty accessible when there is time for a chat after a show.

All info concerning tickets etc can be found on the bands page, under dates.

ya, thanks for the warm welcome!! Just caught the guys at the palladium, great show FANTASTIC stage presence. Got to talk to kobi for a while after the show. Really nice guy, it was cool to talk to him.

Interesting, I got new headphones (made in China fake "Sony" ones) and new software (foobar2000 + foobar2000 DFX 9 plug-in), and the album acquired a new depth - now I hear extra synth's experimental sounds in "Bereft In The Abyss" intro and in many parts clean vocals now sound "double" to me, like two voices singing along very closely yet differ slightly in pitch, etc.