Your impressions about The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR.

I've been grinding this album for the past few days
I must be frank...it's not as addictive as mabool but it's awesome.
at some places it sounds a little like opeth from 7-8 years ago but with an arab/mideastern touch to it(aspecially from broken vessels),that's a very interesting mix. Must be a part of Stephen Willson's contribution to the album(that and the phone filter :LOL:).
I guess I miss Eden's style(more complex keyboards) a bit but Eden's ancient history.
I am actually really happy not to have his style on this album :D
And Disciples of the Sacred Oath II live is just crushing everything... Could not believe it at the show thursday! Amazing....

That's great to read, Kenneth. Wearing that tee (in public) is akin to being a walking billboard. I'm getting a bunch of them along with my super-duper-extra-large signed edition package and will commence to start turning friends on all three US Coasts plus in my good ol' Heartland into the same.

Heck, yeah, I'll wear that shirt plenty, too.

This is cool. And it's cold and snowing here. I like that, so :heh:.

Tell me about it, I got the honor of meeting the OL guys and Nathalie in London a while back, and I went to the merch counter and said something like "give me one of everything." I wear those shirts A LOT too! Most of my friends know about OL because of that, and random people on the street ask me what the back (hebrew text) means, which is a great point to start talking to them about OL. : )

I am actually really happy not to have his style on this album :D
And Disciples of the Sacred Oath II live is just crushing everything... Could not believe it at the show thursday! Amazing....

glad you enjoyed it...i miss the good old fashioned thrill a good metal show gave me.I still love metal music but i feel i've grown too old for the scene.
It's wierd but now when I'm able(financially) and university's finished and I don't have to waste part of the time of enjoying the show in trying to find a decent girl in the crowd who would marry me and have my sexy babies(because I'm married). I don't have the will anymore...don't feel like i belong there.

and random people on the street ask me what the back (hebrew text) means, which is a great point to start talking to them about OL. : )
Doing a great job Kenneth! You are a warrior of light. In the true sense :)

Someone asked about the show; it was one heck of an experience. When I heard new songs live for the first time at BA in Czech, it sounded a bit insecure to me, which is normal because it was the first time the songs were played. But this time the songs from ORwarriOR were strong and really fitting the rest of the setlist very well. And the crowd was singing along to new songs already. Impressive show and I urge you to go and see them, even if it's a bit of a travel. Its really worth it!

PS the guitar solo of the warrior kicks ass live! It is an epic piece and will for sure become a live classic. For now Im still in Israel, but I hope to update the fan site with lots of materials once I get back at the end of this week.

I got my autographyed copy :). Liked the poster too...didn't think it was gonna be that big. ORwarriOR is indeed a very different monster compared to Mabool. At times, it sounds like an entirely different band. I really can't compare the two albums. They both have a very distinct character and mood. Disciples of the Sacred Oath II is my favorite song so far, but I also really enjoy Bereft in the Abyss, New Jerusalem, and the Warrior. The whole album is good regardless. The DVD was good too. I was wondering if Steven Wilson wrote those piano parts, such as the ending of In Thy Never Ending Way because it showed a different guy playing the piano. I can tell Steven did all the other keyboard parts. He indeed put his stamp on this record.

The whole album is good regardless. The DVD was good too. I was wondering if Steven Wilson wrote those piano parts, such as the ending of In Thy Never Ending Way because it showed a different guy playing the piano. I can tell Steven did all the other keyboard parts. He indeed put his stamp on this record.

As far as I know, that piano bit has been around since ages [even before SW got hands on the material]. As even before the date of David's interview with SW, that bit was a teaser on the website. I reckon seeing a picture or two of a guy playing the Piano. I forgot his name, it was mentioned somewhere here methinks.

Hi to all. I got my copy today, finally a normal edition, and i very dissapointed with them... No lyrics.. no photos..only 6 pages??? It´s any kind of bad joke??? I really wanted for the limited version..but i cannot find in my country... IM REALLY SAD

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon.com. They said it was the CD w/ DVD, but it arrived today and it's the CD only. :(

I even opened the case, thinking the DVD was inside somehow, but no.

I didn't even know the CD-only release was coming to the US.

Now I have to try to get them to take it back opened.

BTW, I'm listening to it anyway and it's great. :)

I received The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR anxiously, even I couldn’t believe that I was holding it in my hands… taking out the transparent paper, an initial surprise with the texture of the box and the vibration of colors, it was increasing while I open it and found this presentation as a book, again with that marvelous texture, the image of that kind of handmade paper and that ink dancing in all pages, guiding to a lecture, to a dance with the words, drawings, lines, dots, to keep on the rhythm inside the CD and the coolest DVD!... By now I have listened lot of times the CD, first with the inevitable euphoria of discover the new music, the rhythms, the voices, the variations of intensity in music. Some after with the DVD, having a refreshing and enthusiastic impression of the creation of this production, I´d enjoy it, because it has just everything that the art of a production like this has to be, it make the dream come true for the understanding of such a work! Again, after looking at this, I listen again the CD, but now following the lyrics, and again, I feel amazed because of the relation between the lyrics and the music, just as one, full of concepts, ideas, emotions, challenges… And now I still want to keep on listening to enrich much more my words, because this album just have too much to be resumed in some lines…. Greets!

I received The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR anxiously, even I couldn’t believe that I was holding it in my hands… taking out the transparent paper, an initial surprise with the texture of the box and the vibration of colors, it was increasing while I open it and found this presentation as a book, again with that marvelous texture, the image of that kind of handmade paper and that ink dancing in all pages, guiding to a lecture, to a dance with the words, drawings, lines, dots, to keep on the rhythm inside the CD and the coolest DVD!... By now I have listened lot of times the CD, first with the inevitable euphoria of discover the new music, the rhythms, the voices, the variations of intensity in music. Some after with the DVD, having a refreshing and enthusiastic impression of the creation of this production, I´d enjoy it, because it has just everything that the art of a production like this has to be, it make the dream come true for the understanding of such a work! Again, after looking at this, I listen again the CD, but now following the lyrics, and again, I feel amazed because of the relation between the lyrics and the music, just as one, full of concepts, ideas, emotions, challenges… And now I still want to keep on listening to enrich much more my words, because this album just have too much to be resumed in some lines…. Greets!

Wow ! I could actually imagine that happening as I went through pretty much the same experience. Tremendous feeling really!

Dmitry, I hope you get copy real soon man. Trust me, that feeling when you realize you've received the parcel gets better with after a longer wait :D

Everyone who got the normal edition should know that it was the label who decided that it was not possible to rpint the lyrics in the booklet- you see that booklet is too thick to fit a normal jewel case. Instead you get parts of the artwork. But why order the jewelcase when you can have the limited one?
Actually I bought both, becausethe artwirk is different and Im just crazy :)

an initial surprise with the texture of the box and the vibration of colors, it was increasing while I open it and found this presentation as a book, again with that marvelous texture, the image of that kind of handmade paper and that ink dancing in all pages, guiding to a lecture, to a dance with the words, drawings, lines, dots, to keep on the rhythm inside the CD and the coolest DVD!...

Everyone who got the normal edition should know that it was the label who decided that it was not possible to rpint the lyrics in the booklet- you see that booklet is too thick to fit a normal jewel case.

This is by far the coolest and most unique album I have with me [though I don't have many]. I was so shocked to see the intricacies of the layout work and it actually makes you want to read the lyrics. When I took out the DVD, the detailed version of the new logo surprised me and that's an added bonus I guess :D

The DVD is good fun, I wish I could have shared it with people in my school as my very un-metal parents actually liked it. They got the message and also understood why I'm something like a fanatic :D Maybe because I'm exposed to their seriousness through countless interviews, but I was very fascinated/amused by the parts like when Matti and Yossi do their stupid stuff quite randomly :lol:

But why order the jewelcase when you can have the limited one?

Because two is better than one? ;)

Actually I bought both, becausethe artwirk is different and Im just crazy :)

Same here. And then, because I want an "elegant" copy and an "everyday" one.

I still suffer looking at mine very old El Norra Alila copy (The Holy Record's one) litteraly raped by an asshole... i dont' want to repeat the experience :cry:

The Europeans must try on play.com (11.90 Euro and free shipping for the limited version!) :kickass:

My first experience with Orphaned Land was the documentary Global Metal. I never heard of the band before, but when I watched the movie, I was instantly enchanted by the unbelievable music they make.

I just got the new album a few days ago and it is pure magic. One of the most groundshaking albums I heard in the last ten years. It's absolutely wonderful. I'm German and therefore it is great for me to see that there is a band who doesn't care if you are a muslim, a christ or a jew, black or white, and that doesn't care about nationality. It gives me hope that maybe one day, we metal fans around the world can be as one big family. Orphaned Land means hope to me that one day, our terrible past will be forgiven, and my children can play with other children on the streets and nobody cares which god they believe in or which color of skin they have.

Orphaned Land, you guys have done something really important and great with this album and I love you all from the bottom of my heart. I'm hoping for a German Tour in the next years, so I will be able to see you live and personally express my deepest gratitude for this magic and enchanting masterpiece that is The Neverending Way of ORwarriOR.

Let the metal flow!