Your last album purchase/trade...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up Sons of Northern Darkness today…

And I fucking love it! I’m certain Immortal has been discussed before but holy shit-on-a-stick have these guys improved. The song structures are better measured and this album is much more technical. I’ll be listening to this for awhile. :headbang:

Empyrium - Weiland
Empyrium - Songs of Moors and Misty Fields
Arcana - Dark Age of Reason
Ulver - Silencing the Singing
Hollenthon - With Vilest of Worms to Dwell

Ordered the first four from Prophecy Productions. I just got them a few minutes ago.:D I thought they're never gonna come.
Same with the Hollenthon cd, except that I had to wait for almost 5 months.

I poor bastard and I download most of the music I listen (Cable rlz, :headbang: ) and the last albums I got are :

Vader - Revelation (I've listen it once and it doesn't seems to be as good as Litany, at least for me)

Killswitch Engage - Never heard of them so I downloaded the last album. Somekind of mix between Swedish Death and Nu-Metal (great indeed)

Intervalle Bizarre & Malignancy Split - Brutal grinding shit the way I love it.

I just picked up:

Siebenburgen - Plauged Be Thy Angel
Seibenburgen - Plauged Be Thy Angel
This is a really great release. This is the first I have actually heard of this band, but they blew me away the first listen :headbang: I recommend this if you are into the Swedish/Norweigen scene.

Opeth - Blackwater Park 2 cd
The 2 extra tracks on the re-release are fantastic. Very good indeed :headbang:

Black Sabbath - The Best Of Black Sabbath
I just couldnt resist... :lol:

Last week bought:

Danzig 777 - more old-style Danzig, early 90s sound, THANKFULLY.

Superjoint Ritual - sounds like Pantera without the solos.

Headstrong - okay for nu / alt metal, singer thinks that he is Zach de la Choca and the dude from System of a Down.

Radiohead: Kid A - fucking strange, but I dig these guys. Very spacious and open, if that makes sense.

Candlemass: Nightfall - these guys are badass, doom metal rules.

Medication EP - Logan Mader's (ex-MachineHead) new band, has the guy from Ugly Kid Joe for a singer, but he doesn't sound obnoxious anymore. Pretty good, music reminds me of The Gathering (sort of repititious, but still cool).

COMMENTS:

TOOLS OF THE TRADE - hold on to that one, it's been out of print for years, but you can still get the songs on... Necroticism I think.

The new Hypocrisy doesn't suck. The first half might not appeal to some fans, but the second half should. I like it better than Into the Abyss (which isn't bad by any means).

Originally posted by NAD
Last week bought:

Radiohead: Kid A - fucking strange, but I dig these guys. Very spacious and open, if that makes sense.

Well, if you think that "Kid A" is strange, try "Amnesiac" (or have you tried already?)... Quite paranoid, but still very relaxing...
But what comes to my recent purchases, the latest is Madder Mortem's "All Flesh is Grass". It's simply genious album, twisted, aggressive, fragile... And Agnetes's voice... Great booklet too.

I haven't got anything new this month. I did send money today for the following items:
Abyssic hate - suicidal emotions LP
Ancient Rites - 1998 tourshirt
Armagedda - final war approaching LP
Mütiilation - black millennium LP

And should get the following through trade this week:
Children of bodom - Something wild LP
Immortal- battles in the north LP

Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
Lamb Of God - New American Gospel
Shadows Fall - Of One Blood
Sinergy - Beware The Heavens
Obituary - Slowly We Rot (Remastered)
Arch Enemy - Black Earth (Re-issue)

That's the last batch of CD'S I picked up. Most of the time I buy a few CD's a week, but sometimes the cash flow is low since I'm a college student. Anyway, I got the Lamb Of God & Shadows Fall CD's on their tour (Shadows Fall was great!). Buying CD's at the shows are sometimes cheaper than the store prices. Well, gotta run and listen to some music.

I just got Pearl Jam "Bianural" and Pearl Jam "Yield" from my best friend in the mail the other day. I don't care if you think thier trendy or whatever, they're awesome CDs!

Arch Enemy- Wages of Sin...........I never knew a chick could kick so much ass

In Flames- Jester Race/Black ash inheritance.............just oredered it, shoul dget it next week.........im really looked forward to it

I just spent another $34 at The End (I’ll learn my lesson eventually):

Arcturus - The Sham Mirrors
Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes
Blind Guardian - A Night At The Opera

Hehe, I was just thinking about buying The Sham Mirrors from The End. I am contemplating the BWP re-release, but I don't think I'm going to get it. Not sure...ugh. I am a collector and always have to have everything so I'll probably end up getting it, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon.

My last album purchase was Ozric Tentacles "Afterswish" a while back. I now have money again so I'll be visiting this thread more often. :D

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
I am contemplating the BWP re-release, but I don't think I'm going to get it. Not sure...ugh. I am a collector and always have to have everything so I'll probably end up getting it, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon.

I had it in my cart not 15 minutes ago, but I decided against it simply because I was limited to what I spent and I wanted music I did not have. But of course I'll buy it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.