Your Song Covers

Decided to fuck around with my voice again. Growl is not really coming back (but still I sound 10x better than current akerfeldt, I even found out his current technique, might do mocking cover one day) so I decided to try something new. Vocals like those in Powerwolf. Absolutely first time doing that and I was more focused on doing pseudo german accent so tons of voice breaking but it was actually fun to do. Will annoy neihbours in the future. You can see me breaking my new voice virginity here

Just gave an hour "concert" to my game collection to see if I can growl.

I did mostly Opeth with a side of Bloodbath and it turned out better than I thought.

First song was okay, I struggled the most during the end of second and third one, but then the voice seemed to settle and I theoretically could go forever with semi okay growls. I sucked at Furnace Funeral though, got way too fast for me and looks like my technique is not good for ultra fast growling.

But to my surprise fucking up my voice with growl allowed me to reach higher voice on my clean vocals. To test shit out I finished the "show" with Beelzeboss from Tenacious D and I could almost hit the highest notes this time.

I recorded the last song (but only audio it seems because my dumb ass didnt support the phone) and might upload later.

All of this got me pumped, I guess I really missed growling and fucking around, shame Im not able to do that often, since Im not leaving alone now and dont want to bother others with toilet demons or high as fuck ridiculous clean vocals.

@Edit
How the fuck do you deal with burping, the urge comes suddenly and when you are in middle of the verse there is just no recovering from that.

Can't see shit and sound is bad, but if I already bothered with uploading then screw it.

How the fuck do you deal with burping, the urge comes suddenly and when you are in middle of the verse there is just no recovering from that.

Hahaha, I'm glad I'm not the only person that occasionally has this. For me it only really happens if I decide to drink a few beers while I record (or anything carbonated would do it), but I have had a distractedly urgent need to burp mid sentence several times. I've just started going with it, and letting a burped word go and continuing, partially because I find it amusing.

Back in the day with my old band, my guitarist and I were recording vocals and it happened. I let a massive, abrupt burp go right in the middle of a line which amused me a little at the time. A few hours later we smoked some weed, and he played that take in the mix just to hear it. Maybe it was because we were high, but we put that 10 seconds of song on loop for like 15 minutes straight and laughed so fucking hard I was sore the next day. It might be a contender for the hardest I've ever laughed. Fucking immature idiots.

Therefore, belch in the song. Fuck it. :lol:

Reactions: rj rl
I would be afraid, because behing the growls there is a lot of power and if we add burp to the equation the result might be vomit everywhere lol

No I actually have not... That's an interesting idea. I used to love growling along to some stuff off Annihilation of the Wicked. I have not kept up since then but maybe something will spark inspiration.

I don't know why I never thought of that, it would be a good challenge. I think I can cover the vocal ranges, but the arrangements get pretty random, it would depend on the song.

Last edited: