Your Song Covers

It would be awesome if you had recording facilities at the ready, you would be much better at Karl's low growls than me. It could be a cool combo.

Last edited:
No I actually have not... That's an interesting idea. I used to love growling along to some stuff off Annihilation of the Wicked. I have not kept up since then but maybe something will spark inspiration.

I don't know why I never thought of that, it would be a good challenge. I think I can cover the vocal ranges, but the arrangements get pretty random, it would depend on the song.

You could try either of these, just Dallas vocals:

It would be awesome if you had recording facilities at the ready, you would be much better at Karl's low growls than me. It could be a cool combo.

Could actually be a top 10 romantic anime duet :cool: Would actually be cool doing Sarcophagus if you could get your hands on a good instrumental version

Nice cover, although I dont know the original so cant really compare. Sounds good though :)

Testing new growling technique. I want to add extra raspiness and so far it sounds good.

Downsides:
Slight throat pain, but probably because I didnt use this "part" yet.
Because of the above I cant keep them up for more than 20 minutes.
They sound good when I listen to them from the speakers while growling. Might be absolute garbage when recorded properly

Checking if my microphones and usb soundcard still work, apparently they do, so I've got a cover on the way.

Since I found both clear instrumental of Ghost of Perdition and a dude who did a full instrumental cover I will add the vocals to the one where my clean vocals will not sound like total garbage (which they will). But hey, it's gonna be a first time of me doing all the clean vox so there's always something new.

In the meantime demo:

Reactions: DarkGift and Belac
Hah, thanks, if I wont be a lazy piece of shit like im usually am I aim to do the whole thing

Finally had some free time. The music is ready, I even intended to do a proper cringy video with anime dances, but after 1 test go I was fucking wet because 35 degrees outside so just shitty quality cringy video instead. No cool dances, sorry guys.
So as soon as im back on PC im rendering this shit.

pmdx9TG.jpg

Reactions: rj rl
How can I unsee this
By watching this, duh

I also added new outro, Opeth default one was epic enough, but I needed to add my little touch.

I really need to learn how to mix shit, not only my clean vocals are meh (turns out ability to fuck around with your voice does not equal singing ability) but I can never get the volume right.

Nicely done, some of the cleans need work, but some are not bad. Your voice seems more suited to singing that requires you to belt it out rather than the softer type. The growls on the other hand are consistently great. And that outro is actually awesome, nice touch. hahaha

After you seemed to abandon the idea I started playing with the idea of doing a cover, but I stopped when I came here today and saw you've got it covered.

Last edited:
Hey, your version sounds good too! (although I only see the short version, but maybe you didnt intend to post the whole thing). If were talking "Mikael growls" then both of us are better Mikael than Mikael :lol:

And yeah, my cleans suck and I know that, usually I just skip or growl them but wanted to do the full song properly just once (but I didnt because I did the outro lmao). My first version of some clean vocals were slightly better, but you couldnt hear shit, because if I try to use a soft singing voice my microphone seems to shit on them and lower their volume. If I rise the sensitivity I get clipping, so fuck clean vocals.

I always wanted to do Baying of the Hounds now and I found some instrumentals done with guitar pro (I mean you can hear the music is "fake" but it actually sounds pretty good). But I think I skip the clean vocals and just growl them or add some personal touch of fucking around with them. And then maybe Deliverance - Complete Lunatic Edition. Would fit the theme of the song.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Belac
I only posted the first part. I did not even intend to continue at that point, but I just kept going because I was having fun using a part of my voice I have not used in a while. I won't show a full version until I get the right clean vocalist on board because mine were so bad. The growls are done though.

As for you adding your own personal touch to parts, I say go for it. Adding your own style to a cover is honestly the best way to do it. Not only are you adding your own personality to the song, but you're operating more within your comfort zone so it will turn out better.

If you like doing vocals keep going. You're good at it.

Reactions: Lifemocker
I hear you, I also did the whole thing because fuck, I missed growling, before I made this cover I think I didnt growl for over a year or so. Obviously my throat kinda hurt that evening, because it wasnt used to this much abuse, but it was worth it since it was fun.

Normally I used to just growl along some songs while driving, but not only it's kinda distracting and I try to be a good boy behind the wheel, but also while sitted I guess your diaphgram doesnt work that well and the growl not only comes worst but the technique is bad and felt like i might actually ruin my voice. Standing is the way to go definitely.

When noone's around I also like to be a complete lunatic. I do strange "zombie" sounds while doing chores, I shriek like a banshee while taking a bath because the acoustic is great or just fucking scream because it's fun and relieves stress. I might be retarded but fuck that lmao. Will try to add this beautiful personality to the next covers.

But Im not gonna do it when it's fucking literal hell outside. Im almost naked right now, soaked in water, fan pointed directly at me and Im still dying. And its not even summer yet, thank you for climate change.

The Opeth cover is in limbo. I have re-recorded all the growls so it sounds a lot better now, more diverse, but I'm not sure what is going to happen with the clean vocals. I have someone awesome that wanted to give it a shot but is probably too busy to do a recording. I won't release it as is, the cleans are placeholder at best.

In the meantime I have a friend that was doing a cover of a genre I don't listen to or like much. But I decided to give it a test and try something different, and I get to use a slightly different type of growl. You know that shouted growl that all the hardcore fans seem to like. Mine is more of a hybrid with an injection of old school growls in there, it makes it tolerable I guess.

Edit : I should give a volume warning, it comes on pretty fast.

Last edited:
Oh god, as soon as I clicked play I was sent to shadow realm, where I could only see edgy teenagers wearing black jackets, black shirts, black pants, heavy boots, studded bracelets, ridiculous haircuts and they smelled and had acne.