Your Song Covers

hahahaha. Exactly. Also giant ear stretchers, hardcore dancing and energy drinks. It's definitely not my usual type of music, but it was amusingly easy to outright destroy the original vocals.

Reactions: Lifemocker
Yea, I know what you mean, personally never tried this kind of vocals (but I can imagine I would hurt my throat bad lmao) but once I decided to try black metal vocals.

I dont remember if I actually ever posted it here, but I found some random black metal instrumentals on youtube, wrote lyrics ion 10 minutes (and people told me they are actually amazing, because thats what happens when you dont even try) and gave it one shot:

Lyrics are 100% depressing emo love suicide bullshit

Reactions: Belac
In the meantime I have a friend that was doing a cover of a genre I don't listen to or like much. But I decided to give it a test and try something different, and I get to use a slightly different type of growl. You know that shouted growl that all the hardcore fans seem to like. Mine is more of a hybrid with an injection of old school growls in there, it makes it tolerable I guess.

Can't say I have any more interest in deathcore after listening to this, however—as always—your growls are excellent. (Also, while I know my encouragement isn't worth anything, I'm handing it out anyway: please do keep recording and sharing your work 'cause it's damn good.)

People here should just post their shit more, it's surprisingly mostly quality stuff.

Little known fact: Bloodbath and Opeth started off by just posting their shit in this very thread.

It's actually real good, I started this video, and went to complain in other threads and didnt even realise it's a cover, great growling quality.

Oh, I wasnt paying that much attention to the lyrics, because they mostly suck on metal lol.

But you might be right.

Look I'm yelling again! Shade Empire is great and no one knows who they are. Thanks to my cover their music will now reach the ears of millions. It must be a great honour for them.

Reactions: rj rl
After 8 months of sitting in limbo I decided I'm going to try to finish this cover. I hated my clean vocals way too much to release it so I have been trying to find a proper clean vocalist to collaborate with me. I was kind of hoping to make it more interesting by having a good female singer do the clean vocals, but that has not worked out yet.

I recorded video to eventually share in a few places, but it's only an idea right now. I'm thinking of adding silent movie style text cards to caption the clean section with appeals to help me finish the song. It's a fucking stupid idea, so naturally I stand by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rj rl and DarkGift
I feel you about clean vocals, if I were to do them in opeth style they would sound pretty gay because my voice is pretty high, so the singing voice for this style would be terrible. I experimented a lot and came to conclusion that the next cover I do that has clean vocals I'll just do whatever I want with them. If i feel like growling them, Ill do that, if I feel like fucking around with my voice ill do that.

Those low growls are pretty lit though, really powerful and deep.

Reactions: Belac