Your top 10 CD of 2008

I will find a list, to fill in the spots I might be forgetting. Off the top of my head, Twilight of the Thunder God is waaay up there on my list.

1. Twilight of the Thunder God
2. Zero Order Phase
3. The way of all Flesh

Still haven't got around to listening to Judas Priest, Anthrax or Lacuna Coil.

I look forward to Crack the Skye as well.

This year was tough as shit to decide, because it was a year of incredible music. I had a tough time restricting myself to ten, and as it was, the tenth-place spot was a six-way tie on my list. So here it is:

1. "Holographic Universe" by Scar Symmetry
2. "For the Revolution" by Kalmah
3. "The March" by Unearth
4. "Watershed" by Opeth
5. "Stormchaser" by Light This City
6. "Iconoclast (Part 1: The Final Resistance)" by Heaven Shall Burn
7. "The Cancer Empire" by Zonaria
8. "Total Brutal" by Austrian Death Machine
9. "N" by Norther
10. "The Incurable Tragedy" by Into Eternity
11. "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder" by Cradle of Filth
12. "The Premonition" by Firewind
13. "Architect of Lies" by Mercenary
14. "The American Dream" by Walls of Jericho
15. "Twilight of the Thunder God" by Amon Amarth

I know the list is your opinion, but, my opinion is you have 13 shitty bands in front of amon amarth. I like Kalmah, you get 1 point.

This year was tough as shit to decide, because it was a year of incredible music. I had a tough time restricting myself to ten, and as it was, the tenth-place spot was a six-way tie on my list. So here it is:

1. "Holographic Universe" by Scar Symmetry
2. "For the Revolution" by Kalmah
3. "The March" by Unearth
4. "Watershed" by Opeth
5. "Stormchaser" by Light This City
6. "Iconoclast (Part 1: The Final Resistance)" by Heaven Shall Burn
7. "The Cancer Empire" by Zonaria
8. "Total Brutal" by Austrian Death Machine
9. "N" by Norther
10. "The Incurable Tragedy" by Into Eternity
11. "Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder" by Cradle of Filth
12. "The Premonition" by Firewind
13. "Architect of Lies" by Mercenary
14. "The American Dream" by Walls of Jericho
15. "Twilight of the Thunder God" by Amon Amarth

inb4: Where are Gojira, Bodom, Meshuggah, Testament, Priest, etc. etc. etc.

As I said, it was an insanely good year for music.
Dude I really fucking rage when I read your posts about music :lol: You need to stop. TotT fucking easily owns all of those albums, I mean IE's TIT was great, but "N"? Come on :lol: I haven't listened to the new CoF album yet and FtR by Kalmah was good but like I said, and I hope everyone who has heard the new Amon Amarth album will agree, it is one of the strongest albums of the year I'd say it beats out most but I'll make my list soon. By the way, N doesn't even come close to being on it :lol:

The only good thing about you post is that I didn't know Zonaria came out with a new CD.

@Macharius: I expect nothing less with my list. I have very different tastes from most people on the board. At least you stated your opinion respectfully, which I thank you for.

@Joe: Glad I could help you on Zonaria. As far as my ratings go, I know you rage about my tastes, but we're all different. Yes, I do love Amon Amarth's album. But like I said, I had a hard time picking things for my list because I thought that a lot of stuff that came out this year was amazing.

Let me put it another way: Would you have been happier if I had put Slipknot, In Flames, B4MV, and Dragonforce ahead of Amon Amarth? :lol:

Ayreon - 01011001
Amon Amarth - Twilight of the Thunder God
Sabaton - The Art of War
Into Eternity - The Incurable Tragedy
Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
Kalmah - For The Revolution
Eluveitie - Slania
Children of Bodom - Blooddrunk
Catamenia VIII - The Time Unchained

I only have 9. I'd put Edguy on but I haven't heard their new CD yet.

P.S. Chris, download all these albums and please lsiten to real music for the next 3 weeks :lol:

In no particular order:

DESTRUCTION - Devolution
CHILDREN OF BODOM - Blooddrunk
TESTAMENT - The Formation Of Damnation
ARSIS - We Are The Nightmare
KUIAS - The New Dark Age
PAUL GILBERT - Silence Followed By A Deafening Roar
AMON AMARTH - Twilight Of The Thunder God
GUILLES DE RAIS - Is This How You Envisioned Your Life?
JEFF LOOMIS - Zero Order Phase
WAYLANDER - Honour Amongst Chaos

Not in order and off the top of my head (so I am forgetting some)...

Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
Gojira - Way of All Flesh
Cynic - Traced in Air
Opeth - Watershed
Ayreon - 01011001
Equilibrium - Sagas
Arsis - We Are the Nightmare
Meshuggah - ObZen
Into Eternity - The Incurable Tragedy
Between the Buried and Me - Colors
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe

1.Abigail Williams
2. The Faceless
3. LIght This City
4. Behemoth
5. Dimmu Borgir................
can't think of the rest

@Macharius: I expect nothing less with my list. I have very different tastes from most people on the board.

Yeah, you are a massive tool created by MTV and waves of shitty shitty "New Wave American Metal," and your old sig and Radio Show playlists only further my accusations.

That being Said, Norther just plain sucks these days, then again I havn't been wow'd by them since Mirror of Madness.

Anyway

I never picked up AAs new one, as I expected it to be the same as every AA song ever made. Repetative shit. Also In the past 4 months I've barely listened to any metal, and discovered about 4983938 bands I never new about and have no idea when they released all their shit :p.

Some that jump to mind are:

Moonsorrow
--FAILED--
Ayreon
Alestorm
Kalmah
Equilibrium
Weezer
Eluveitie

Honestly cant think of more now, but if I do Slania will probably be first to go. I got tired of that band pretty quick, as they reminded too much of a Folk In Flames. The novelty of all the instrumentalists wore off quick.

Personally I think 2007 was much better.

Yeah, you are a massive tool created by MTV and waves of shitty shitty "New Wave American Metal," and your old sig and Radio Show playlists only further my accusations.

Ignoring the rest of this, but I should clarify that my radio playlists are restricted by what is in our station format, and that in and of itself is very limited because the school is a Catholic university and won't let us play anything anti-religious. If not for that, my radio show would be very different than what it is, as would the entire station, I'm sure.

The station was very "anti-religious" at one point...and then the priests got flaming mad. So I'll keep the so called shitty shitty music to prevent us from becoming a christian music station any day.

Ignoring the rest of this, but I should clarify that my radio playlists are restricted by what is in our station format, and that in and of itself is very limited because the school is a Catholic university and won't let us play anything anti-religious. If not for that, my radio show would be very different than what it is, as would the entire station, I'm sure.

Never actually listening to your station, I can safely say I know everything about it and its bad!

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=1040354

WSOU Best Metal Station of the Year, 3rd year running
As voted by the industry

WSOU is given a lot more allowances than the typical radio station in terms of what can be chosen for a playlist. That being said, its not like there are a lot of rock much less metal radio stations in the states. Maybe Canada has something better, but for what we are, we play a lot better shit than something like KROQ