Your top 10 CD of 2008

I would have assumed that my obviously rediculous remarks would have been seen as a joke.
Hence the statement "Internet, serious business".

But upon posting that link, and seeing Splipknot, Metallica, and Five Finger Death Punch, I change my stance to actually thinking its a shit show.
Probably worst band name ever...I mean, most punches involve 5 fingers...

It also doesn't change the fact that popular MTV metal is shit.

Shut the fuck up. Metal on the radio sucks. Metal radio stations suck. Christian monitored radio stations, regardless of genre fail even harder. On rare occasions you'll get a good song or station but the whole reason that radio is developed for conflicts with metal, because it's a style of music that isn't mainstream and has such a wide selection to choose from. Popularity = a good band.

Unless you are 14, you shouldn't be relying on the radio to find good music.

AND IN SORTE DIABOLI CAME OUT IN 2007 FFS!!!

/rant

:lol: I raged.

Shut the fuck up. Metal on the radio sucks. Metal radio stations suck. Christian monitored radio stations, regardless of genre fail even harder. On rare occasions you'll get a good song or station but the whole reason that radio is developed for conflicts with metal, because it's a style of music that isn't mainstream and has such a wide selection to choose from. Popularity = a good band.

/rant

Agreed...and...really? :S
I ignored it when it came out not being a fan :lol:

/rant

Not to be argumentative, but two things:
1) Radio isn't really about discovering new music anymore, it's about hearing a bunch of songs you like in a row with little to no effort.
2) Hard Attack, while it may not play the kind of metal that you guys think is "true," is still one of the more popular stations on Sirius, and even though that is a very specialized audience already, that still says something about metal radio.

Just my thoughts.

I'm not trying to start a fight or whatever, but the world revolves around making money. Metal doesn't make a lot of money. The world needs the shit bands that everyone else listens to so that record labels can earn money to keep the good bands that don't make half of the amount of money going. That means tons of shitty bands get lots of radio play and good bands get paired with the cash cows on tours. COB opening on Gigantour is such an example because Megadeth sells the ticket. Labels need to make money or else the industry will go completely under. Why else would a label like Roadrunner keep Nickelback other than Nickelback probably finances the entire label.

i didn't really heard many albums this year, i really didn' heard Twilight of the Thunder God, i really didn't want to pick only ten albums, the list is not really in order, i don't think those are the best albums, but those are the ones that really pleased me this year:

Swallow The Sun - Plague of Butterflies
Ihsahn - Angl
Skepticism - Alloy
Opeth - Watershed
Agalloch - The White
Nick Cave - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Sarah Brightman - Symphony
Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky
Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
Daylight Dies - Lost to the Living
Moonspell - Night Eternal
Enslaved – Vertebrae
Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

Not to be argumentative, but two things:
1) Radio isn't really about discovering new music anymore, it's about hearing a bunch of songs you like in a row with little to no effort.
2) Hard Attack, while it may not play the kind of metal that you guys think is "true," is still one of the more popular stations on Sirius, and even though that is a very specialized audience already, that still says something about metal radio.

1) STRONGLY Dissagree, Radio plays to a large audience with different tastes, hence why certain programming has a theme to it. Having a playlist is about hearing a bunch of songs you like in a row.

2) You are stressing the point that Popular = Good. Upon saying this you'd have to agree that Nickleback is one of the most musically talented groups out there right now. When I worked at a Record store a few years ago, Nickleback was #1 best selling album on the wall for over a year.

I point to my sig at this point.

I was only joking about your music tastes in the first place, but Metal radio does suck. Your show may be a popular metal show, but that just means the shitty show, isn't as shitty as the other shitty shows.

I'm not trying to start a fight or whatever, but the world revolves around making money. Metal doesn't make a lot of money. The world needs the shit bands that everyone else listens to so that record labels can earn money to keep the good bands that don't make half of the amount of money going. That means tons of shitty bands get lots of radio play and good bands get paired with the cash cows on tours. COB opening on Gigantour is such an example because Megadeth sells the ticket. Labels need to make money or else the industry will go completely under. Why else would a label like Roadrunner keep Nickelback other than Nickelback probably finances the entire label.

No one is talking Money and Popularity, we are talking "good music". Tons of shitty bands get on the radio, and I personally don't want to listen to a ton of shitty bands. I generally think a radio is shit if it has a ton of shitty bands being played. Good for people like Lars Ulrich who make millions, and apparently cause the world to round, that doesn't mean St. Anger was the worst album I've ever heard.

Roadrunner Records doesn't need the shitty popular bands to keep the lesser known good ones afloat, mainly because I don't think there is a good band on Roadrunner Records....All that comes to mind is Trivium and Slipknot.

I'm not sure who you are calling a shit band, Megadeth or CoB, because Megadeth is awesome :p

Although "good music" is 100% subjective, I stand firm on saying bands like Killswitch, Trivium, Slipknot, Metallica (yes I realize my name), and so forth are shit, and thats the kind of trash that gets played most frequently on Metal Radio.
Agalloch - The White
Sigur Rós - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust

How I missed these two, especially Agalloch is beyond me.
Fuck, The White was awesome!

Edit: Wall OF Text!
This is what happens when I don't get my daily drugs >8(

I understand now that you were making a joke. Allie and I are just trying to point out that without the money-making bands, metal is going to die. That's all, really.

Also, Roadrunner's current roster, for the lulz:
7th Son
Airbourne
Amanda Palmer
Biffy Clyro
Black Stone Cherry
Cavalera Conspiracy
CKY
Cradle of Filth
Daath
Devildriver
Dommin
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
Dresden Dolls
Killswitch Engage
Machine Head
Madina Lake
Megadeth
Mutiny Within
Nickelback
Nightwish
Opeth
The Parlor Mob
Port Amoral
Sammy Hagar
Slipknot
Soulfly
Steadlur
Stone Sour
Theory of a Deadman
Trivium
Within Temptation
The Wombats

1.Scar Symmetry-Holographic Universe
2.Testament-The Formation of Damnation
3.Into Eternity-The Incurable Tragedy
4.Amon Amarth-Twilight of the Thundergod
5.Hate Eternal-The Fury and the Flames
6.Gojira-The way of all flesh
7.Toxic Holocaust-An overdose of death
8.Nachymystium-Assasins

leaving blank to check out more 08 releases.

I understand now that you were making a joke. Allie and I are just trying to point out that without the money-making bands, metal is going to die. That's all, really.

80s hair bands were the money making bands, and the record companies over-saturated the North American market with so many of them that the general public just gave up on them. They sold the albums, made a ton of money, and look how they are seen now...pop-culture just makes fun of their image and cheesy songs, and the terrible music video / Hit single formula they had.

As for Roadrunner, as suspected I dislike almost all those bands. Was a big Megadeth fan in high school, and like Nightwish's Century Child but that's really about it.

Ok... I'm going to come up with some sort of list and definitely some responses to the current posts... but first, since I've been lazy with new releases, I'm going to check out the albums listed which I haven't heard in order to be a little more fair.

^ Only redeeming factor of the album is Vortex's vocals, tbh. The album as a whole is mediocre except for the two singles released for it.

I'm really surprised how people only listen to and elect metal, especially people over 20. This is not a critic, but I wonder how does it feel to listen to only one kind of music.

1. Steven Wilson - Insurgentes
2. Bang Gang - Ghosts From The Past
3. CoB - Blooddrunk
4. Sebastien Tellier - Sexuality
5. Sand Snowman - The Twilight Game / I'm Not Here
6. Boris - Smile
7. Tatu - Happy Smiles
8. Motorhead - Motorizer
9. Behemoth - Live
0. No-Man - Schoolyard Ghosts

And if I had say more than 10, I would add Swallow The Sun, Ihsahn and Destruction.